“A Fantastic Surprise”
Review of Laneway

Laneway
Ranked #1 of 8 Coffee & Tea in Devonport
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Open from 6:30am 7 days a week including public holidays. Our aim is to focus on turning great quality locally produced goods into simple fresh cafe-faire food. Together with a professional standard of coffee and a warm and welcoming service we hope you enjoy what we have to offer.Owners Rhys Taylor and Alex McVeity have both been involved in the hospitality industry in various guises for over ten years now. Rhys a chef has more recently been working as the owner/operator of a quality Italian establishment in Hawthorn, Melbourne. Alex has for the last 5 years been working as head barista and bar manager of the renown Pantry Cafe in Brighton Melbourne.
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I read about the Laneway on tripadvisor and we stopped there for coffee a few days ago. What a fantastic place. Great ambience, great coffee and local produce. We will definitely return for a meal.

There are newer reviews for Laneway

Reviewed October 9, 2013

This out of the way cafe/restaurant is fantastic their coffee is the best in Devonport and their meals are all made with local produce. We had the Calamari which was excellent.Staff are good and the Barista is great.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

This place finally brings a bit of hipster style to Devonport! Excellent atmosphere, food and service. I'll call in every time I'm home for a visit.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Went for breakfast and a little disappointed that the breakfast menu was so egg dominated. Although my eggs benedict with ham was well cooked and tasty, and my partner's poached eggs cooked soft to order, I would have liked some lighter choices with fruit, cereals or similar. Perhaps the chef could add a daily special with a healthier option. Freshly squeezed orange juice very good!

1  Thank Joan L
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I was in too much of a rush to have breakfast (in town for business) so I'm only commenting on the coffee, the ambience and the service. I loved the look of this place, eclectic and creative; the coffee was excellent and the staff were absolutely charming. I will definitely eat here next time I'm in Devonport. I feel sad I missed out. Thank you to the owner for making it a GF friendly place.