“Underwhelming!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Telephone number is 0364245111
Reviewed September 4, 2013

After being told multiple times by friends to check this place out, I finally gave in. And boy, do I regret it. Rude staff, uninspired decor, and sub-par/overpriced food. The butter chicken was salty and had only two pieces of chicken! Rice was a soggy mess, and the naans were burnt! Thankfully it arrived quickly, so we could get out of there.
A month later I decided to give their takeaways a try. Again, what a regret! They left out $15 worth of our order, and were incredibly rude when I asked for a refund!
I will not be returning. Let's just hope a decent Indian place opens up soon!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The takeaway we had from Taj Mahal was very impressive. They fulfilled our order with 100% accuracy. The kulfi was especially delicious. Devonport is one part of Tasmania that needs a decent Indian restaurant and I think the Taj Mahal fits the bill.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I've been to Taj Mahal indian restaurant in Devonport twice and we had dining never been disappointed.I brought two friends who had never been before, and we all enjoyed every thing we had. The service was excellent- not only were they friendly, but our waiter spoke of the food recommended great choices and was also very helpful to one of my friends who had dietary needs. The menu is a bit different to your usual curry house with a lot of options- we particularly liked the butter chicken rogan josh palak paneer. One of my friends always gets a typical Lamb Korma at other places, but tried something new and loved it more than her usual dish.I would definitely recommend making a trip though!

1  Thank Bhupi R
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Am a Devonport local who used to support this Restaurant as it had good, clean food. However beware if ordering a take away meal... you will NEVER receive your full order but will be charged the full price... including being charged for the the missing items.
This has happened to us for our last four orders. When you contact them to advise what has happened they don't really care and make no offer to rectify the situation.
Not going back EVER again... they think it is a joke to leave out part of your order.
They must have a very nice profit margin with this trick.

1  Thank LGDevonport
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We bought a couple of curries to take on our ferry journey to Melbourne.

Ferry food is absolutely dreadful - but this was even worse. Vindaloo tasted of nothing but salt and the chef's chicken curry was the same.

Both were only fit for the bin and a great breakfast was our first priority when we left the ferry very hungry.

Why on earth do people who can't cook feel obliged to open a restaurant?????

2  Thank Smithy555