“Nice, comfortable B&B for a stopover”
Review of Dannebrog Lodge

Dannebrog Lodge
Ranked #2 of 14 Devonport B&B and Inns
Thun, Switzerland
“Nice, comfortable B&B for a stopover”
Reviewed May 13, 2011

My wife and I were looking for a stopver place in Devonport as we were catching the early ferry to Melbourne and this was the ideal place. It is not the cosiest and most homely B&B I have stayed in but the price is good for what you get and the breakfast is good enough to keep you going!
The staff were all very friendly and accomodated our request for an early brekafast which was a great help.
The owners also run a steak house just down the road which is well worth a visit and as a resident you get a good discount!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Snakeboy10
Dannberog, Owner at Dannebrog Lodge, responded to this review, February 4, 2012
Hi, Thanks for your review its a bit late but just been informed about TripAdvisor , Sorry about your experience in our restaurant.hope all is well
Jan & Milca

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Lake Tahoe (Nevada), Nevada
Reviewed February 13, 2011

This was our first night of our 10-day stay in Tasmania. We had just suffered a long flight from San Francsico to Sydney, plus two connecting flight via Melbourne.

THe hosts also operate a restaurant in town of the same name. We were driven into town as we were not sure were we were going. This was after we had arrived in our rental car. As we walked back after dinner it really isn't that far. Parking is in the rear and keys are provided to access from outside.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Dannberog, Owner at Dannebrog Lodge, responded to this review, February 4, 2012
Hi from down under, thanks for you review it means a lot to us hope all is well in Fritz Creek, Alaska

Milca & Jan
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 17, 2010

I really cannot ask for anything better for my one night stay in Devonport. At $120 it was a steal compared to the other places. Location was excellent: just 5 min walk from the shopping and eating areas and with easy access to the waterfront. The room was comfortable enough. Best of all was Milca the owner of the lodge. She really went out to make my stay memorable. When I asked if there were any Devonport souvenirs I could buy, she drove me 15 min to Cherry Shed to get cherry jams (these too were very good but that is another story). When I accidentally locked myself out of my room, she brought me a jumper to keep warm and sat me down before the TV and heater while she and Jan went to get the spare key. She enquired about my flight time so she could send me to the airport. She cooked a very good and special breakfast: my eggs were laid by 3 hens reared by her with names! BTW their Dannebrog Restaurant which is essentially a steak restaurant is not bad too.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank chuanhuei
Dannberog, Owner at Dannebrog Lodge, responded to this review, February 4, 2012
hi thanks for your review, chooks have since departed to bigger grounds but we still get the eggs and new owner kept their names.
melbourne
Reviewed June 30, 2010

Arrived early on the ferry and the owner volunteered to pick me up (6:30 am) and had my room ready (with the heater on) when I got there! Very clean rooms and friendly staff, with nice river side location. Pleasant 5-10 minute walk into town. Shower pressure & temperature could have been better. Looking foward to my hot breakfast in the morning. Note this B & B has been renamed to Dannebrog Lodge. They have a restaurant by the same name, but it is a few hundred metres back into town!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank smaccit
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed February 14, 2009

We stayed a couple of nights and were startled our first evening by the very large Spirit of Tasmania going past our window!
We had the front ground floor room which was very pleasant.
Most of the guests were older and it felt a bit like a rest home!
Neverthless we enjoyed our stay.
It was lovely to wander across the road with our coffee to sit on the river bank. Good advice for sightseeing and dining out. Great breakfast.

• Liked — River view
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank hinau
south coast
Reviewed October 19, 2008

Have just arrived home from our first trip to Tasmania for 10 days. What a beautiful place. Decided to stay at Devonport on our third night. Were recommended River View Lodge B&B by the helpful staff at the Visitors Centre there. We were not disappointed, Doug and Karen made us feel very welcome. We decided on an upstairs room which was absolutely beautifully decorated and made you feel very comfortable as soon as you walked in. Everything was well presented and very clean. Doug was very helpful with suggestions on where to eat dinner. In the morning we sat in the very welcoming dining room overlooking the Mersey River. The full breakfast Doug and Karen cooked and served us was delicious. Thoroughly recommend any visitor to stay here and enjoy Doug's great humor and hospitality.

1 Thank beanandeasy