“Yummy”

Lotus Eaters Cafe
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Cygnet
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian, International
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Greater Hobart, Australia
“Yummy”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Stopped for lunch, had the Asian long soup with mushroom dumplings and my husband had the goats cheese and leek tart. Both were superb!!!!!! Never had a bad meal here. Generous serve for a resonable price.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Davina S

Hobart
“My absoloute favourite place to eat”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Every single meal I've eaten here (and I've eaten a few) has been exceptional. The ingredients are as local as possible and almost unbelievably fresh. The flavours have depth, and the meals are balanced but huge. The coffee, too, is rich and creamy. It can be hard to get a table, but I would hate to see them expand and potentially lose the focus on quality.

2 Thank Angela B
Blackmans Bay, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“School Holidays”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We met friends and had lunch with 4 children in tow. Excellent food and service. Front room had a panel heater and was nice and warm, considering it was 5 degrees outside. Scrumptious food and plenty of style in presentation plus a nice earthy atmosphere. recommended.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Stubacco
Hobart, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bring coats & gloves in winter!”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We love the food @ Lotus Eaters, fresh ethical ingredients & all scratch cooking, one of the few microwave free commercial kitchens in Tassy. Went for lunch a couple of weeks ago & managed to get a seat inside in the front room. Well it was about 8 degrees outside & about the same inside. Harry Freezers City! & to make it worse there was an elec heater in the corner unplugged so we plugged it in but it wasnt working! Most other diners came well prepared with coats on. The cold spoilt an otherwise delicious lunch but atleast the food was piping hot. I feel providing a warm, cosy & comfortable environment in which to enjoy a meal is a must, especially mid winter in Southern Tassy. I mean, its very unlikely you'd get invited to a friends place for lunch in winter & them not have any heating on. Its called Hospitality! A heatpump is very cheap to run & the costs are tax deductable for business. Come on girls,invest in necessity not luxury, you cant afford not to!!

Hobart
“A late lunch”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We decided, on a whim, to walk into Cygnet town and have lunch at the Lotus Eaters recently. The good news was that because we were late we could eat inside (winter in Tassie has been kind so far but you really don't want to be outside unless its particularly kind). The bad news was, people had eaten before us and some of the menu had a line through it. I guess that's the price you pay for everything being freshly cooked and in smallish quantities (so wastage is kept to a minimum).

No matter, there was still enough choices for us (and everything is always excellent). She had goats cheese tart and a mountain of salad. He had ham and tomato panini. I could not believe how much ham was stuffed inside that panini!! I did think about it for a while, but my lunch was so filling I just couldn't find enough space for a piece of cheesecake. Nice job again ladies. Keep up the superb work.

2 Thank GardenLoverCygnet