This hotel is at a perfect location, so close to Dove lake. The staff is very co-operative and friendly.
The rooms are spacious and comfortable. Considering other reviews, we asked for an "upgrade" to avoid a room with car park view, however the "upgraded" room was not worth the price difference they charged. May be it was a clear weather and lack of snow when we visited last week, not giving us the best possible views and experience!
The food is incredible at a very reasonably priced menu and we loved it. Their Salmon is to die for....
Overall, very pleasant experience and would sure return in the future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the fringe of alpine wilderness, Cradle Mountain Hotel sits on the edge of Cradle Mountain Lake St Clair National Park. It's the perfect base for alpine walks. Be pampered at the end of the day with hearty mountain fare and a crackling log fire. The Hotel is home to The Wilderness Galley, a magnificent collection of nature photography. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, TravelClick, Hotwire, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cradle Mountain Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cradle Mountain Chateau Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
- Cradle Mountain Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Tasmania