With snow on the ground outside, you would hope for a little cosy lounge, room or restaurant but unfortunately this hotel provides none of those. In fact we ended up just getting into bed to get some warmth. The bar lounge resembles an airport lounge. The log fires they advertise are closed stove fires, no real warmth or ambiance. Best to spend as much of the day as you can out walking and lunch or drinks at nearby Peppers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the fringe of alpine wilderness, Cradle Mountain Hotel sits on the edge of Cradle Mountain Lake St Clair National Park. It's the perfect base for alpine walks. Be pampered at the end of the day with hearty mountain fare and a crackling log fire. The Hotel is home to The Wilderness Galley, a magnificent collection of nature photography. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cradle Mountain Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cradle Mountain Chateau Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
- Cradle Mountain Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Tasmania