I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights this month & have mixed feelings about it. Whilst the rooms were spacous & clean & the bed was confortable, the room itself was a bit dated & could use a make over. The TV was an old analogue model with a digital tuner, requiring 2 remotes to work it. Where it was placed it could not be seen from the double bed. The electric heater in the corner was tempermental leaving the room cold. Internet access is only available in the reception area not the rooms. My room was on the left side, a long walk from reception, without a view, the right side has the views. The buffet breakfast & dinner were OK but un-exciting The staff were friendly & helpful. For me the hotel is overpriced & badly needs updating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the fringe of alpine wilderness, Cradle Mountain Hotel sits on the edge of Cradle Mountain Lake St Clair National Park. It's the perfect base for alpine walks. Be pampered at the end of the day with hearty mountain fare and a crackling log fire. The Hotel is home to The Wilderness Galley, a magnificent collection of nature photography. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TravelClick, Agoda, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Cradle Mountain Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cradle Mountain Chateau Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
- Cradle Mountain Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Tasmania