I cannot write enough praise about the Chateau. I have been here three times now and have loved every moment.
From the welcoming staff when you first arrive not being able to do enough to help you, and suggestions to about which tours are good for seeing animals in the wild (not in a bus!), to the so deliciously warm fireplaces, the comfortable beds, grandiose sitting/reading areas, the sumptuous artwork/photography on the walls and the outstanding food and service in Quolls restaurant (and the magnificent buffet breakfast), everything here is a delightful compliment to one of the most stunning places on Earth.
Major props to Glen in Quolls - he is particularly incredible at making you feel as if you are the only one in the room and the menus he creates (and accompanying wines) are another major high light.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the fringe of alpine wilderness, Cradle Mountain Hotel sits on the edge of Cradle Mountain Lake St Clair National Park. It's the perfect base for alpine walks. Be pampered at the end of the day with hearty mountain fare and a crackling log fire. The Hotel is home to The Wilderness Galley, a magnificent collection of nature photography. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, TravelClick, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Cradle Mountain Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cradle Mountain Chateau Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
- Cradle Mountain Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Tasmania