Have stayed there now twice – some years apart. There are not many other places to stay at Cradle Mountain and, whilst this place is quite large and still comfortable, it’s getting a bit tired. Management were helpful in swapping us over, after the first night, to a room on the forest side of the building, rather than the one that we checked into - with a nice view of nothing. And if they tell you that they have got wifi in the building, it might be in name only. It was truly hopeless. Food is OK but expensive – and there aren’t too many other places to eat on the Mountain. If you’re staying more than one night, for dinner try also the bistro up the road at Peppers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the fringe of alpine wilderness, Cradle Mountain Hotel sits on the edge of Cradle Mountain Lake St Clair National Park. It's the perfect base for alpine walks. Be pampered at the end of the day with hearty mountain fare and a crackling log fire. The Hotel is home to The Wilderness Galley, a magnificent collection of nature photography. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA, TravelClick, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Priceline, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Cradle Mountain Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cradle Mountain Chateau Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
- Cradle Mountain Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Tasmania