Nothing to complain about the room: nice, wide, clean, with a nice view on the forest (plenty of animals looking for food. If you look out of the window during the night, you can see a lot of wallabies), with a confortable bathroom. Just a bit cold because there's only a small electrical radiator to warm up the room. To make up for it, there are electric blankets.
It's just the rest of the hotel that's not worth the money you pay.
There's no heating system (just a few fireplaces, but they're not enough when outside it's snowing...). We've been at the restaurant (quite expensive, but you have no other choice) for dinner and we almost freezed! Clients had to contend for the little electric heater blowing hot air on their hibernated feet.
Not to be recommended in winter (unless you come from Alaska), but I guess pleasant in summer, especially for its good position, but definitly not good value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the fringe of alpine wilderness, Cradle Mountain Hotel sits on the edge of Cradle Mountain Lake St Clair National Park. It's the perfect base for alpine walks. Be pampered at the end of the day with hearty mountain fare and a crackling log fire. The Hotel is home to The Wilderness Galley, a magnificent collection of nature photography. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Agoda, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Cradle Mountain Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cradle Mountain Chateau Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
- Cradle Mountain Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Tasmania