We visited the château and must say firstly that the Tassie Tiger exhibit was fantastic, really worth a look. The food in the restaurant however, on two occasions, was such a let down. On each occasion their was one staffer only. At this time of year (August) that's not a real problem as there are very few diners, but their lack of enthusiasm and rudeness is just plain annoying. Why do so many hospitality workers think to work in an expensive restaurant you need to act like a tool? After expending quite a bit of energy on walks / playing in the snow we were all starving and truly it's the only reason we managed to eat as much of our meals as we did. My 'medium rear' steak was beyond well done and nearly required a chainsaw to cut it, and while I don't mind a simple accompaniment to a great steak, this was a terrible steak and serving it with mash and one roasted tomato was insufficient for $29 in a 'fine dining' restaurant. The meal was garnished with those little sweet potato crisps which are supposed to be 'crisp' not cold, oily and chewy -yuck! The roasted tomato was obviously prepped so early that it was closer to semi-dried, leaving the mash which was salty and resembled hospital food flavours and yet was the highlight of the meal. All in all, over-priced, under-loved food with little atmosphere and dodgy service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the fringe of alpine wilderness, Cradle Mountain Hotel sits on the edge of Cradle Mountain Lake St Clair National Park. It's the perfect base for alpine walks. Be pampered at the end of the day with hearty mountain fare and a crackling log fire. The Hotel is home to The Wilderness Galley, a magnificent collection of nature photography. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cradle Mountain Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cradle Mountain Chateau Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
- Cradle Mountain Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Tasmania