I can't believe this place was built in 2004, it feels like it was decorated in the 1980's. The outside is amazing, the views are lovely, but the decor is soooo bad. Our room smelt like disinfectant and it was freezing (how hard is it to turn the heater on?) The burgundy carpet and the old fashioned timber furniture make it feel like a nursing home - add to that, the vinyl floor, the laminate bench in the bathroom and the very daggy tiles - that's when the "nursing home" feel really kicks in. We had stayed in Federal hotels (the owners) in Hobart - The Henry Jones & Freyciney Lodge the 2 previous nights and were very impressed, so I guess we had high expectations, but unless they do a refurb (since 2012) don't waste your money. The staff are lovely and the food was great, but that did not make up for the "nursing home" feel. We were going to stay 2 nights, but thankfully only booked one - then went to Peppers up the road for the second night. Sorry.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the fringe of alpine wilderness, Cradle Mountain Hotel sits on the edge of Cradle Mountain Lake St Clair National Park. It's the perfect base for alpine walks. Be pampered at the end of the day with hearty mountain fare and a crackling log fire. The Hotel is home to The Wilderness Galley, a magnificent collection of nature photography. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Hotel.de and Priceline so you can book your Cradle Mountain Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cradle Mountain Chateau Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
- Cradle Mountain Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Tasmania