We only stayed one night at Cradle Mountain but really should have stayed at least another night. There are too many things to do! The cabins were very comfortable, and it was an easy and quick drive to the National park. The staff were friendly and warm. In terms of location and price, you can't get much better than this, the other accommodation options situated here close to the National Park charges a lot more and I don't believe you get much more value out of them.
Be prepared and bring your own food as well because there are not too many choices for eating out and prices tend to lean on the high side. The cabins all had fantastic views of the forest and if you were lucky, might even be able to catch a glimpse of some wildlife. The cabin also had a little outdoor porch/ verandah area with chairs and table for you to sit and enjoy the views. The bathroom was clean and showers were hot, nothing special but did the job. Because you are so far from all the city lights, it was amazing just sitting outside and watching the stars for a little bit (until it became too cold!).
Did have one complaint, our cabin was the middle one of a group of 3, so parking in front of our cabin was made difficult when the other cabin's occupants had parked their car in their spot so getting out was rather tricky as there was a tree in the way as well.
We ate at Cradle Mountain Lodge bistro, expensive for not very good food... but the Enchanted Walk around the place was lovely, definitely very enchanting!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cradle Mountain Wilderness Village is situated in temperate rainforest in Cradle Valley on the edge of the World Heritage listed Cradle Mountain/Lake St Clair National Park in Tasmania. Cradle Mountain Wilderness Village strives to provide guests with a natural wilderness experience in highland accommodation in Tasmania without compromising comfort. Our private, self-contained cottages and chalets in Tasmania have been carefully sited in the rainforest so you are surrounded by native plants and wildlife. Our Cradle Valley accommodation offers a variety of cottages catering for the travelling couple up to larger family group. The Wilderness Village at Cradle Mountain boasts a contemporary restaurant featuring modern Tasmanian cuisine with views through temperate rainforest along the Cradle Valley to Cradle Mountain. Hellyers Restaurant has been crafted using local timber and stone. A large central stone fireplace will comfort guests needing to recharge after a day on the track. Hellyers Restaurant is open for dinner Tuesday - Saturday from 6pm, and guests are invited to enjoy a drink from the bar in the guest lounge from 2.30Pm. Continental breakfast hampers are available for guests to pre-order, where they can prepare from the comfort of their self contained Cottage or Chalet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cradle Mountain Wilderness Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cradle Mountain Wilderness Village Hotel
- Cradle Mountain Wilderness Village Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Tasmania