Tucked away in the bush, 2 mins drive from Cradle Mountain National Park, a short walk to the Tassie Devil park - this place was a fantastic retreat. Animals abound - we saw quolls hopping about around our little cottage every day - so friendly, but NO ROADSENSE!! Drive slow - there's so much roadkill due to the abundance of animals in Tassie you don't need to add yours to it.
We stayed in a spa cottage - worth every penny to upgrade with the giant 2 person spa in the centre overlooking the bush beyond, and the stunning bathroom with marble-tiled shower made me wish I had the bathroom in my own home. Equipped with a gas fire place and wall-heater, the cottage heats up quickly and keeps warm all night in sub zero temperatures.
Bedding was luxurious and perfectly clean white cotton, with soft mattress and fluffy doona. The views were perfect. A great place for couples to get away, or young families wanting a slice of wild Australia - this is the place to stay. You might even see a wandering wombat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cradle Mountain Wilderness Village is situated in temperate rainforest in Cradle Valley on the edge of the World Heritage listed Cradle Mountain/Lake St Clair National Park in Tasmania. Cradle Mountain Wilderness Village strives to provide guests with a natural wilderness experience in highland accommodation in Tasmania without compromising comfort. Our private, self-contained cottages and chalets in Tasmania have been carefully sited in the rainforest so you are surrounded by native plants and wildlife. Our Cradle Valley accommodation offers a variety of cottages catering for the travelling couple up to larger family group. The Wilderness Village at Cradle Mountain boasts a contemporary restaurant featuring modern Tasmanian cuisine with views through temperate rainforest along the Cradle Valley to Cradle Mountain. Hellyers Restaurant has been crafted using local timber and stone. A large central stone fireplace will comfort guests needing to recharge after a day on the track. Hellyers Restaurant is open for dinner Tuesday - Saturday from 6pm, and guests are invited to enjoy a drink from the bar in the guest lounge from 2.30Pm. Continental breakfast hampers are available for guests to pre-order, where they can prepare from the comfort of their self contained Cottage or Chalet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Cradle Mountain Wilderness Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cradle Mountain Wilderness Village Hotel
- Cradle Mountain Wilderness Village Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Tasmania