We stayed at a King Billy Suite this November and the room was absolutely great. We loved the fireplace and the rustic charme of the place, there's really nothing wrong with it. The big, big disappointment at Cradle Mountain Lodge is the restaurant. Breakfast is appalling. First you have to fight for a table, then they charge you an extra $4.50 for a machine coffee (they have complementary filter coffee on the buffet which is simply not drinkable) and when you are away from your table for more than a minute to get something from the buffet (i.e. queue up at the toaster), changes are that they have cleared your table to have it ready for the next waiting guests. This happened to us twice in 3 days. Considering that the rooms are over 500 Aussie$ per night, this is simply not acceptable.
Queing is a popular concept at the Lodge, it took us on average 15 minutes (!!!!¨) to get a drink at the bar as it's manned by 2 staff and they need to cash in after every order and they need to serve all drinks for the bar, the lobby and the restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge, you'll soon discover that fine food and wine are an unavoidable part of this rustic holiday. The Lodge itself is warm and inviting with open fires, comfy chairs and cosy spots, perfect for enjoying the postcard views or just relaxing. Around Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge there are more than 20 walking trails that suit every fitness level. Discover animal and plant varieties found nowhere else on earth. You can trek mountains, explore trails on horseback or mountain bike, and learn to fly-fish. And when it's time to relax, guests can indulge in a therapeutic massage or sauna at the Waldheim Alpine Spa. Set discreetly within its pristine wilderness setting, Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge has 86 private timber cabins, offering 4 grades of accommodation. Each provides every comfort you could need, some with spa baths. ** Ecotourism Australia Certification logo means that you are guaranteed an experience that helps to care for the environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cradle Mountain Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
- Cradle Mountain Resort
- Cradle Mountain Lodge
- Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Tasmania