We first discovered the lodge last year while searching out relaxing and romantic places to spend part of our honeymoon and chose it to spend two nights here. Having had the chance to come back to Tassie this year for our first wedding anniversary we chose to once again stay here and were not disappointed. We have stayed in both the spa cabin and the pencil pine cabins. Both rooms had a gas fireplace - fantastic - as it can get a little chilly and so romantic to snuggle up in front of the fire in your room or in the guest lounge with a special other and a glass of port. Big comfy beds, clean and spacious rooms. No Tv, no radio (there is a cd player) no mobile reception (didnt have any last time we stayed, did this time.) Just you and the peacefulness.
Food was great in both the tavern and the restaurant, staff were attentive and helpful. There are lots of activities to do there, we did the Cradle Mountain/Dove lake, Devils at Cradle nearby was really interesting, and would recommend the guided tours around the lodge or the wine tasting evening. The day spa is unbelievable - they offer couple treatments too which we took advantage of. Pretty amazing sitting in a hot tub outside on the edge of the hill overlooking the pencil pine forests.
Only thing I would suggest is to think about bringing something like books or board games if you are likely to get bored just relaxing and veging out. The lodge does have games to borrow but the good ones go fast. We will definately go back again when we next visit. Its like a small slice of Heaven on Earth
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge, you'll soon discover that fine food and wine are an unavoidable part of this rustic holiday. The Lodge itself is warm and inviting with open fires, comfy chairs and cosy spots, perfect for enjoying the postcard views or just relaxing. Around Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge there are more than 20 walking trails that suit every fitness level. Discover animal and plant varieties found nowhere else on earth. You can trek mountains, explore trails on horseback or mountain bike, and learn to fly-fish. And when it's time to relax, guests can indulge in a therapeutic massage or sauna at the Waldheim Alpine Spa. Set discreetly within its pristine wilderness setting, Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge has 86 private timber cabins, offering 4 grades of accommodation. Each provides every comfort you could need, some with spa baths. ** Ecotourism Australia Certification logo means that you are guaranteed an experience that helps to care for the environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cradle Mountain Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
- Cradle Mountain Resort
- Cradle Mountain Lodge
- Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Tasmania