We've been to Cradle many a time but this was the first time in a while and the first time since Peppers took over the lodge. The lodge itself offers great facilities for families by way of a games room, books, big comfy armchairs and coaches, open fires etc. All very lovely when watching the snow falling outside. The cabins have been refurbished relatively recently (or at least the Pencil Pine cabin we stayed in) and was warm and comfortable, nothing flash but more than adequate considering the amount of time you will be spending in them with so much to do, even if it is just relaxing in the Lodge during bad weather. Cleanliness was a bit of an issue on our arrival and I suspect that the beds had been changed and nothing else done as we had dirty windows, glasses bathroom and benchtops. This may have just been an unfortunate oversight as the cleaning the following day was faultless. The included buffet breakfast was excellent, one of the better we've enjoyed anywhere. Evening meals in the (cheaper option) tavern were not particularly good with the chef/cook deciding on his own variations on the menu without any explanation as to why - and they were not successful combinations, also particularly poor given the possibility of allergic reactions. Even the waitstaff (who were excellent) expressed their dissatisfaction as if it seemingly happens regularly. I'm sure the actual restaurant would have provided a far superior dining experience but with two kids, the tavern environment was far more suitable. This may seem like a harsh review but realistically the overall experience was great with just a couple of hiccups along the way, still gets four stars from me!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge, you'll soon discover that fine food and wine are an unavoidable part of this rustic holiday. The Lodge itself is warm and inviting with open fires, comfy chairs and cosy spots, perfect for enjoying the postcard views or just relaxing. Around Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge there are more than 20 walking trails that suit every fitness level. Discover animal and plant varieties found nowhere else on earth. You can trek mountains, explore trails on horseback or mountain bike, and learn to fly-fish. And when it's time to relax, guests can indulge in a therapeutic massage or sauna at the Waldheim Alpine Spa. Set discreetly within its pristine wilderness setting, Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge has 86 private timber cabins, offering 4 grades of accommodation. Each provides every comfort you could need, some with spa baths. ** Ecotourism Australia Certification logo means that you are guaranteed an experience that helps to care for the environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cradle Mountain Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
- Cradle Mountain Resort
- Cradle Mountain Lodge
- Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Tasmania