My husband and I spent 5 nights at Cradle Mountain Lodge, having visited briefly before but never stayed. We loved Cradle Mountain and wished to return. Our accommodation was in a Pencil Pine cabin. The bed was very comfortable, with chairs and a small table at the foot in front of a gas fire, which was necessary at night, as our visit was in September. Bathroom facilities were most acceptable, and the only thing we might have wished for was a larger refrigerator, however, when visiting, the idea is that you eat at the Lodge. Our package included breakfast, and each morning we loved heading down to the Lodge for a full breakfast. Activities during the day can be as energetic or lazy as you like. We did small walks to begin with and gradually increased to longer. At night, it was wonderful to sit in front of the log fires with a glass of wine in either of the communal rooms at the lodge before going to dinner. We ate mostly in the bistro, which serves pretty typical pub meals, however one night we went to the a la carte restaurant - a bit too expensive and not what we enjoy anyway. We met and chatted to people from all over the world on our trip and the highlight was snow! It snowed on a number of occasions whilst we were there. A word of warning - conditions can get slippery in snow. Use the front stairs instead of the ramp at the front door if it's snowing. It's also good to remember that this is a location which is a distance away from doctors and hospitals. Staff are trained in first aide only. All in all, this is a very special location and Peppers catered very well to our needs whilst we were there. The staff were great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge, you'll soon discover that fine food and wine are an unavoidable part of this rustic holiday. The Lodge itself is warm and inviting with open fires, comfy chairs and cosy spots, perfect for enjoying the postcard views or just relaxing. Around Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge there are more than 20 walking trails that suit every fitness level. Discover animal and plant varieties found nowhere else on earth. You can trek mountains, explore trails on horseback or mountain bike, and learn to fly-fish. And when it's time to relax, guests can indulge in a therapeutic massage or sauna at the Waldheim Alpine Spa. Set discreetly within its pristine wilderness setting, Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge has 86 private timber cabins, offering 4 grades of accommodation. Each provides every comfort you could need, some with spa baths. ** Ecotourism Australia Certification logo means that you are guaranteed an experience that helps to care for the environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cradle Mountain Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
- Cradle Mountain Resort
- Cradle Mountain Lodge
- Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Tasmania