Stayed there 3 nights with friends on a holiday as part of a trip to Tasmania. We stayed in a Pencil Pine Family Cabin. Forgot to take any photos of the interior. But it is perfectly comfortable for 4 people. With a queen bed in the main room and 2 single beds in a small separate room
(1) Great Service from all the staff
The service from all the staff at the lodge was excellent. They were helpful and knowledgeable, and also did everything with a smile
2 people especially left a big impression. First was Shaun who was manning the tavern bar & bistro and closing up on the night of December 7th. Big thanks to him, he managed some how to get the kitchen to cook a last order of 3 take-away pizzas for us though the kitchen had pretty much closed for the night. We had arrived late at the lodge. He was also the host for the Wine and Cheese Tasting on December 9th, very fun session. & he had great recommendations on cheese and wine place to see in Tasmania, which we did go to.
Secondly was Michael who was at the reception desk on December 8th afternoon. We were doing the Quad bike tour that day, we were running late and would have missed the wine and cheese tasting session. & he noticed this and had changed our wine and cheese tasting session to the next day before we even came back. The two of them were great. Made the stay all the more great
(2) Nature at your door step
You didn't need to go very far to see nature. There were wombats, pademelons and wallabies walking all over the property or feeding. Refer to photos attached
(3) Great Location
You are within striking distance of all the attractions of the Cradle-Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park. & there are numerous walks starting from the door steps of the lodge. And barely a 1-minute drive to the Devils@Cradle; a Tasmanian Devil Sanctuary.
(1) Would be nice to have free Wi-Fi in the reception/lounge area
Really hard pressed to find anything bad about the 3-days stay there. Would have been nice to have the Wi-Fi at the reception/lounge area for free. But then again you will enjoy the serene and beautiful surroundings so much that who needs or has time for the internet
Great Stay, definitely first choice place to stay if I come back. Cradle Mountain is beautiful and I so want to go back. I can safely say will be back to both Cradle Mountain and the Cradle Mountain Lodge
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge is a unique wilderness experience, set right on the edge of the spectacular World Heritage-listed Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, just 2 hours drive from Launceston and 1.25 Hours from Devonport. At Cradle Mountain, you'll soon discover that fine food and wine are an unavoidable part of this rustic holiday. This superb escape showcases the best Tasmania has to offer with warm hospitality, sensational locally produced food and wine, breathtaking scenery and magnificent wilderness surrounds. The Lodge itself is warm and inviting with open fires, comfy chairs and cosy spots, perfect for enjoying the postcard views or just relaxing. Around Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge there are more than 20 walking trails that suit every fitness level. Imagine wandering through towering forests with trees older than mankind. Discover animal and plant varieties found nowhere else on earth. You can trek mountains, explore trails on horseback or mountain bike, and learn to fly-fish - just some of the many activities on offer. And when it's time to relax, guests can indulge in a therapeutic massage or sauna at the Waldheim Alpine Spa - the perfect place to soak away tension and time. Set discreetly within its pristine wilderness setting, Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge has 86 private timber cabins, offering 4 grades of accommodation. Each provides every comfort you could need, some with spa baths. ** Ecotourism Australia Certification - Want to help the environment while your on holidays? The ECO Certification logo means that you are guaranteed to experience a genuine and authentic tour, attraction or accommodation that looks after the environment. The ECO certification program assures you that certified products are backed by a commitment to sustainable practices and provides high quality nature-based tourism experiences. Note: Any incidentals will be charged on check-out and a 2.0% Credit card surcharge would be applied to these incidentals ** ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cradle Mountain Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
- Cradle Mountain Resort
- Cradle Mountain Lodge
- Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Tasmania