We stayed these last two nights and had a great time!! We were upgraded to a spa suite and were VERY comfy. Absolutely loved the wood fireplace. The first night we dined in the tavern and were disappointed with our fish and chips. They were horrid actually. The meals are really mass produced and were much less in quality than regular pub food. The second night we went to Highland Restaurant and loved it!! The morning breakfast buffet is very good but I think they struggle to keep up with both food and plates! It was raining quite heavy all day but somehow we managed two small walks around the lodge. We read the papers and played checkers in the lounge then rested in our beautiful cabin. We had taken our own wine and cheese but there were some snacks available in the shop next to the lodge. Overnight it snowed which was super special!!! Would definitely recommend to family and friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge is a unique wilderness experience, set right on the edge of the spectacular World Heritage-listed Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, just 2 hours drive from Launceston and 1.25 Hours from Devonport. At Cradle Mountain, you'll soon discover that fine food and wine are an unavoidable part of this rustic holiday. This superb escape showcases the best Tasmania has to offer with warm hospitality, sensational locally produced food and wine, breathtaking scenery and magnificent wilderness surrounds. The Lodge itself is warm and inviting with open fires, comfy chairs and cosy spots, perfect for enjoying the postcard views or just relaxing. Around Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge there are more than 20 walking trails that suit every fitness level. Imagine wandering through towering forests with trees older than mankind. Discover animal and plant varieties found nowhere else on earth. You can trek mountains, explore trails on horseback or mountain bike, and learn to fly-fish - just some of the many activities on offer. And when it's time to relax, guests can indulge in a therapeutic massage or sauna at the Waldheim Alpine Spa - the perfect place to soak away tension and time. Set discreetly within its pristine wilderness setting, Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge has 86 private timber cabins, offering 4 grades of accommodation. Each provides every comfort you could need, some with spa baths. ** Ecotourism Australia Certification - Want to help the environment while your on holidays? The ECO Certification logo means that you are guaranteed to experience a genuine and authentic tour, attraction or accommodation that looks after the environment. The ECO certification program assures you that certified products are backed by a commitment to sustainable practices and provides high quality nature-based tourism experiences. Note: Any incidentals will be charged on check-out and a 2.0% Credit card surcharge would be applied to these incidentals ** ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Agoda, Cancelon, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Priceline so you can book your Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cradle Mountain Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
- Cradle Mountain Resort
- Cradle Mountain Lodge
- Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Tasmania