We have stayed at Cradle Mountain Lodge 4 times in the last 5 years and have loved it every time.
We have stayed in a spa suite and spa cabin and they are both fantastic. The spa suite is slightly bigger but it doesnt really make any difference as we are always out and about when we are at Cradle Mountain.
The restuarant is amazing and we only eat in there for dinner as the bistro is very crowded and noisy. Ok for lunch though.
We have been in both summer and winter and they both have their pros and cons. Summer is great for hiking and bushwalking while winter is just so beautiful and you usually get snow falls which is such a treat for me being from Brisbane! You cant hike during winter though but you can still do a lot of shorter walks.
My husbane actually proposed on the top of Cradle Mountain in 2010 which makes this place even more special for us now. I cant believe I actually made it to the top but I feel so proud that I did :-) if you are fit and willing I would definitely give it a go.
We have done the wine and cheese tasting twice which was really fun and delicious. Very affordable too at only $35 per person.
The spa is one of my favourite spas I have ever been to and I always make sure I book in a facial, then afterwards spend time in the sanctuary. Absolute bliss.
Cradle Mountain Lodge is definitely the best choice if you are wanting to visit Cradle Mountain. The food is fantastic and the rooms are extremely comfortable and inviting. You do pay for the location but it is well worth the money. We are hoping to go back next year and climb Cradle again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge, you'll soon discover that fine food and wine are an unavoidable part of this rustic holiday. The Lodge itself is warm and inviting with open fires, comfy chairs and cosy spots, perfect for enjoying the postcard views or just relaxing. Around Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge there are more than 20 walking trails that suit every fitness level. Discover animal and plant varieties found nowhere else on earth. You can trek mountains, explore trails on horseback or mountain bike, and learn to fly-fish. And when it's time to relax, guests can indulge in a therapeutic massage or sauna at the Waldheim Alpine Spa. Set discreetly within its pristine wilderness setting, Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge has 86 private timber cabins, offering 4 grades of accommodation. Each provides every comfort you could need, some with spa baths. ** Ecotourism Australia Certification logo means that you are guaranteed an experience that helps to care for the environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cradle Mountain Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
- Cradle Mountain Resort
- Cradle Mountain Lodge
- Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Tasmania