No TV. No mobile reception. This was my idea of hell before I spent 3 nights at the lodge. I never thought 3 days without these item could be so damn good. For 3 days, I had the most memorable time of our tasmania road trip.
We stayed in the spa suite, which was beautiful. It had a beautiful wood fire and two person spa, and was extremely spacious and clean. There was a small balcony with two chairs on it, which the possums sat on and waited for us to feed them at night. We spent a day walking around Dove Lake (do NOT go to cradle mountain and miss this), we went horseriding, and then spent our last day at the spa retreat. The Spa retreat that they have here is one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had in my life. Think views of cradle mountain and the surrounding bush, from a hot tub, which is on the top level and not inclosed. Amazing. And if you are to spend time in the spa area, without getting a treatment, it is only $25 for an hour, which I thought was a pretty good price considering the prices of everything else.
The restaurant was good, however the bistro/pub section only OK. I must admit the rooms that were under the standard of ours, the pencil pin cabins, did not look too crash hot. I would definitely pay the extra to upgrade to either the spa suite or if you have ample funds, the King Billy Suite. The staff varied as well. There are hundreds of them. And some are great. But some were quite rude and unhelpful.
Cradle Mountain Lodge was every bit the peaceful, relaxing, amazing retreat we had hoped for, and I enjoyed it this much even though it rained for the full three days we were there.
I would highly recommend staying at the lodge and I'd say ithout visiting the stunning area of cradle mountain, you havn't see Tasmania.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge is a unique wilderness experience, set right on the edge of the spectacular World Heritage-listed Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, just 2 hours drive from Launceston and 1.25 Hours from Devonport. At Cradle Mountain, you'll soon discover that fine food and wine are an unavoidable part of this rustic holiday. This superb escape showcases the best Tasmania has to offer with warm hospitality, sensational locally produced food and wine, breathtaking scenery and magnificent wilderness surrounds. The Lodge itself is warm and inviting with open fires, comfy chairs and cosy spots, perfect for enjoying the postcard views or just relaxing. Around Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge there are more than 20 walking trails that suit every fitness level. Imagine wandering through towering forests with trees older than mankind. Discover animal and plant varieties found nowhere else on earth. You can trek mountains, explore trails on horseback or mountain bike, and learn to fly-fish - just some of the many activities on offer. And when it's time to relax, guests can indulge in a therapeutic massage or sauna at the Waldheim Alpine Spa - the perfect place to soak away tension and time. Set discreetly within its pristine wilderness setting, Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge has 86 private timber cabins, offering 4 grades of accommodation. Each provides every comfort you could need, some with spa baths. ** Ecotourism Australia Certification - Want to help the environment while your on holidays? The ECO Certification logo means that you are guaranteed to experience a genuine and authentic tour, attraction or accommodation that looks after the environment. The ECO certification program assures you that certified products are backed by a commitment to sustainable practices and provides high quality nature-based tourism experiences. Note: Any incidentals will be charged on check-out and a 2.0% Credit card surcharge would be applied to these incidentals ** ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cradle Mountain Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
- Cradle Mountain Resort
- Cradle Mountain Lodge
- Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Tasmania