Book In Advance
Tours from Cradle Mountain Canyons tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Cradle Mountain Canyons
from $181.80
More Info
from $92.80
More Info
All reviews dove canyon lost world tour an adventure cradle mountain jumps machinery abseiling canoeing fun gear sliding safety activity creek rocks weather rain
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

Thanks to Anthony and Tolky I finished the challenge and felt accomplished. Both guys very positive, encouraging and safety was paramount. Now that I have done it, I would do again. The hike out of canyon in full wet gear will certainly test you and then you have to carry it back to bus. Thanks again. Jess and Grace

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

I am a thrill seeker at heart so I thought this would be a breeze.

Oh how I was wrong!

This pushed me to a whole another level. The abseiling was not my cup of tea but I did complete it.

By far the jumps and slides were the best, not scared of heights but had to give it a second before I took the plunge in.

There was only four of us with two guides, Tolky & Anthony, and I found this was a good group size. We didn't have to wait long at each point.

Yes, the water was fresh but once you go moving it was all good.

Hike at the end was very difficult but added another level of adventure.

Glad to have ticked this off our bucket list!!

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

We absolutely loved the day. Actioned packed. Not for the faint hearted. The guides were extremely helpful.

Reviewed August 30, 2018 via mobile

Excellent way to spend half a day! The Lost World Canyon is a great way to see the landscape from a different perspective.

The guides were informative and lots of fun. I was worried about the cold, however they layered you up in the wetsuits (including socks, and gloves) so you barely felt it.

A really relaxing float down the river (appropriate for anyone). However they gave the option to do a few fun jumps, which was great.

1  Thank HeyItsNicNic
Reviewed April 25, 2018 via mobile

Luckily for me I was given 2 vouchers for a Christmas present! If I didn't, I may not have even heard of this amazing excursion! If you are in Tasmania or travelling to, and like adventure then look know further! Honestly it was brilliant! Friendly guides, big jumps, crazy natural slides and more! It will take your breath away!
Can't recommend it enough!

Canyons C, Owner at Cradle Mountain Canyons, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2018

Thanks Daniel! Bring some mates along next season :) Team CMC

Reviewed April 25, 2018 via mobile

One of the best days I’ve had in years. Took my teenage son with me for a bit of adventure and that’s exactly what we got. The guides were fantastic and really added to the experience. If you go to Cradle Mountain and don’t take the opportunity to tour the canyon you’re missing out on one of life’s great experiences.

Wonderful to hear Duncan! Glad to have you guys along on a trip. Cheers,

Reviewed March 8, 2018 via mobile

Al and Zak were brilliant guides. Extremely knowledgable on both Tasmania generally and the canyons too. Really calm and helped to put one of our group at ease with the water and jumps.

Dove canyon is amazing we lucked out with the weather and water levels both being perfect for an adrenaline rush through the canyon. The pit and slide are real highlights.

The lunch was a real treat too didn’t expect hot chocolate and chicken salad wraps! Mention any dietary conditions before you arrive and they will do their best to accommodate.

The hike through the button grass was great too helped you appreciate the cold water when you get to the canyons.

Overall a brilliant experience that will be one of the highlights of our trip.

Thanks to Anthony and his team.

Marc, John & Tam

1  Thank Marc K

Thank you for your review, Marc et al. Our guides are our strong point, they make it all work so well! All the best, Anthony

Reviewed March 6, 2018

I really enjoyed the guide and his photographer. Informative and entertaining. I especially enjoyed the jumps. I definitely want to try Machinery Canyon next.

Hi Jerry, so happy to have you along last season! We're gearing up for our season start on November 1 2019, and as a return customer you can claim a special discount on your canyoning experience...call us to apply the discount on your next booking. All the best, Anthony

Reviewed March 2, 2018

My friend Ashley and I were amazed by our experience canyoning. We felt very safe, as the guides took explaining what to do as well as the safety equipment very seriously (but were also a laugh and super friendly). We had an amazing time, the weather held up for us with blue skies, and we put on brave faces for the chilly Tassie water (but we were all suited up in wet suits and hoods so only our hands and faces were truly in shock).

The landscape was sublime, and if you are a thrill-seeking adventurer you won't be dissapointed by the natural waterslide which was definitley one of the scariest and most exhilerating things I've done. If you enjoy cliff jumping and waterfalls give this tour a go. I also really enjoyed just floating down the river on my back and climbing over a few obstacles along our adventure.

Lunch was an array of delicious wraps with toppings of your choice (a variety of vegetables, cheese (brie and cheddar I believe), I think it was ham for the meat eaters (I'm a vego so I'm not sure). But we enjoyed the wraps and our guide Felix gave us some sneaky chocolate as well.

If you are in Tassie, this tour will add to your trip significantly and break up the lesiurly hikes you will probably be undertaking at cradle with some more heart-pumping adrenaine rushes.

Thank you for your thoughtful and detailed review! How great are our guides? They are passionate about the area and know a bunch of little tricks to keep you warm (like the hot choccy, the layers of neoprene and the sneaky chocolate)!
Hope to see you back one day for one of our other tours.
All the best, Anthony

Reviewed February 16, 2018 via mobile

Thanks for having us Kenna & Antho. We had a top day out, greatfull for the warmer day out within the canyon in Machinery creek.

Canyons C, Canyon Guide at Cradle Mountain Canyons, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2018

Thanks for the review brooked876. It is always sad when the Dove is flooding, but we agree Machinery Creek has a few benefits, including being substantially warmer! Glad you had a good day.