“Amazing food that's packed with flavour!”

Highland Restaurant
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Surrounding you with all the charms expected of an alpine lodge and wooing with the Peppers’ touch, retreat to Highland Restaurant in the Central Lodge for a premier Tasmanian restaurant experience. Recognised for featuring Tasmania’s world renowned fresh produce and wines, be sure to linger and spend time spoiling the senses in comfort. Warmth oozes from a collection of cosy furnishings, fireplace and flickering candles in the sophisticated restaurant area. In the Guest Bar & Lounge, a statement stone fireplace crackles away that complements pre-dinner drinks with a mesmerising glow. After mingling with other guests, perhaps enjoy a glass of wine, or take a wander into the Wine Cellar and choose a bottle to suit your occasion and feast. Following a paddock to plate philosophy, Highland Restaurant sources produce almost entirely within a 160km range, showcasing the region and ensuring dishes are always prepared to a high standard.
Reviewed July 2, 2013

This restaurant is set inside the Pepper's hotel grounds. It has a huge open fireplace to keep the restaurant toasty warm and is beautiful inside. The wait staff were exceptionally polite and nice to deal with. We chose the 3 course feed - and wow! It was delicious! All 4 of us tried something different and each dish impressed us. The chicken, the salmon, the lamb - all had an abundance of colour on the plate and had a massive hit of flavour once you got it into your mouth. Entree and dessert were also very impressive. It was $70 for the 3 courses and was well worth it. 1 course in the cheaper bistro nearby is still around $25, so you aren't spending much more. I will be going back tonight for another round before checking out. Delicious!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Wonderful meal, wonderful wines, fantastoc food. What more to want? My vension was delicious but hubby's lamb was devine!

We returned for the breakfast buffet - although $25 p/h, it was totally worth it.

1  Thank kam0706
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The food was really good here - in stark contrast to the bistro next door. I had a lamb dish which was really tasty, followed up with a dessert, as part of their 2 courses deal. Cannot remember what my wife had, but she thought the food was great also.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a great 3 course meal here. We particularly liked the fact you can visit the cellar and choose your own wine (I recommend the "ese Blue label Pinot noir"). We ordered the dumplings and pork belly for entree both superb dishes as was the Salmon and Lamb Rack mains. The Lemon almond cake and sorbet trio for dessert also did not disappoint.

The restaurant has a nice ambiance and the service was fast & friendly. It's on the pricier side approx >$100 pp inc a nice bottle of wine but in my opinion its well worth the spend. Fine dining restaurant in a scenic part of the world.

Would highly recommend.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I were staying at the Lodge and booked in for the 5 course degustation for my birthday. At first I was worried that it was going to be a set menu and there were going to be weird dishes (I'm a fussy eater), however you choose everything yourself.

Our waiter Savio was absolutely amazing. He was so friendly and took the time to explain everything to us, and made us feel really relaxed but didn't detract from the "fine-dining" feel. We also chose the option of having matching wines. Patrick matched every wine perfectly for us, and I'm not a red wine drinker, however I actually enjoyed a glass when it was matched to my food.

Every dish we ate during the night was delicious - I had Pumpkin Soup and Thai Beef Salad and my boyfriend had Tofu Dumplings and Trout for entree, we both had the eye fillet for main, and shared the fondant and mille feuille for dessert. I can't remember what flavor the sorbet was, but it was also delicious, as were the petite fours.

We returned on the last night of our 3 night stay and didn't hesitate to order the 5 courses again. We chose different entrees (I HIGHLY recommended the tofu dumplings!) but our main and desserts remained the same. Savio was our waiter again and was amazing and had no qualms when we asked questions about what was in the delicious food.

If you're staying at the lodge or in the area, splurge and go to Highland Restaurant for an amazing meal - you won't regret it!