Book In Advance

from $128.30
from $282.30
from $95.30
1,817 results
All reviews great walk easy walk dove lake cradle mountain car park shuttle bus ballroom forest hour walk glacier rock two hours board walk boat shed take your time clockwise direction walking shoes photo opportunities well worth the effort
Reviewed December 20, 2015

Wow - what an amazing place! We took a quick trip down to the lake at dusk in the hopes of seeing some wildlife and we were not disappointed! There were wombats, wallabies and pademelons everywhere and they were very obliging in sticking around while we took a few photos (sadly I suspect that means some people are feeding them).

We returned at about 7am the next morning to do the 6km walk around the lake. It was a very easy and nice walk with spectacular views of the lake and Cradle Mountain. It's mostly flat along the boardwalk but there are a sections with stairs. The flora changes in various parts of the walk so it's worth doing the whole thing to experience that.

Date of experience: November 2015
Reviewed December 20, 2015 via mobile

One of the highlights of our time in the area. A pleasant walk, just on two hours including many photo stops. Gentle and I'd imagine accessible to most. The boat hut was a favourite

Date of experience: October 2015
1  Thank SimonsSista
Reviewed December 19, 2015 via mobile

It would seem strange to visit the area without doing the circuit walk of the lake.

Lots of wildlife to see and great photographic opportunities of the cradle mountain itself.

Do not be fooled by the written guide which offers a walk description of gentle slopes with some steps. We think it should have read ... with lots of steps some of which are very uneven and easy to trip on.

The walk is worth it but if you have any minor disability you may not wish to trust the guide description

Reviewed December 19, 2015 via mobile

One of the most beautiful places I have seen. Nice walks in the surrounding area. Good bus service which was constant. Down side is there was no place to get any refreshments for anyone who needs it. The park is very well maintained.

Reviewed December 18, 2015

An amazingly challenging walk for me. My hubbie not so. It's around Dove Lake, uphill and down stairs to climb, in both directions. I found it hard going at times, and easy at others. Three hours seemed to fly past. Loved very step of the way. Some amazing views, lovely little beaches, and amazing flora. Even saw a red bellied black snake. Too close for comfort. I'm not very fit, and managed. You need plenty of water, and hats are a must. Would I do it again?? Probably. I would be more aware of the challenges.