“Great place to catch up with friends for lunch”
Review of Cafe Europa

Cafe Europa
Ranked #18 of 72 Restaurants in Burnie
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place to catch up with friends for lunch”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Pleasant atmosphere, good service and although limited menu all food ordered was well presented and tasty. It is a great place to catch up but as with other reviews, although staff friendly and efficient, the service was a bit slow. It could be accredited to the small preparation area. BUT the food and coffee were worth the wait. I would certainly go there again.

• Visited August 2012

Burnie, Australia
“Lunch time with friends”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Had lunch in this great little cafe with family and friends. Staff were warm and friendly. Service was just right...not too fast nor too slow. Food and drinks were good. Would recommend this to others. PS They also do all day breakfasts.
One suggestion for staff would be to please review what they wear and ask is this appropriate for serving customers? Inappropriate dress can be quite off-putting.

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank Chris31051961
Burnie, Australia
“Great location - poor service”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Recently redecorated and with a great outlook from this main street corner location - especially on a warm day - this cafe has all the ingredients for a great dining experience. Unfortunately it has a very small food prep area and this may account for its average food offerings and even worse service. Coffee has improved from the insipid offerings from the previous management. However the service is poor - on our most recent visit there were three staff on duty with no more than half a dozen tables occupied. After we waited 15 mins without being approached for an order, and two other later table arrivals having orders taken, we left and lunched at a nearby cafe where our presence was appreciated.

1 Thank Bean1351
EuropaBurnie, Owner at Cafe Europa, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Hi Bean1351,

I have recently bought Cafe Europa (on the 13th of December 2013) and was disappointed to read about your experience in our Cafe. Although it was almost 18 months before my time, I would like to take the opportunity to say that we have now expanded to a fully equipped kitchen to prepare our meals and are taking a keen approach to remedying the failures in service standards of the past.
If you would like to email me at adam@cafeeuropa.com.au I would very much like to try and arrange a time to offer our hospitality again and improve upon your previous experience.

Regards,

Adam
Tasmania, Australia
“Slow service and food not asndescr Disappointing”
Reviewed February 25, 2012

I went for lunch with my husband and we ordered a drink and toasted Turkish bread sandwich.

The drinks arrived in good time but another twenty minutes elapsed before there were any signs of our food. The cafe was not busy with only three other tables and total of five other patrons.

Our food was sat on the counter for a number of minutes getting cold some went up and grabbed it myself.

Having ordered Turkish bread we were disappointed that in fact a normal crusty white bread roll used and quite obviously not Turkish bread.

The result was a very dry sandwich. We had waited so long and could not be bothered waiting another 20 min for something simple.

Would not go again as there are a number of much better options in Burnie now .

EuropaBurnie, Owner at Cafe Europa, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Hi Penry62,

I have recently purchased Cafe Europa (on the 13th of December 2013) and was disappointed to read your review from Feb. 2012.

Whilst it was 18 months or so before my time, (and actually 2 months before I even moved to Burnie from Melbourne) I am still distressed to see you received such poor service and food quality.

I would like to take this time to assure you that since your last visit we have upgraded our kitchen facilities and are taking a keen interest in making sure that the service failures of the past are not repeated again and providing a quality, prompt and tasty experience to all our customers.

If you would be so kind as to email me at adam@cafeeuropa.com.au I would very much like the opportunity to try and set things right on your next visit.

Kind regards,

Adam
Wynyard
“Best Coffee in Burnie-not much else availale though”
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Excellent coffee if you need a hit. Not much else on the menu though, great for meetings, lovely sunny aspect, nice staff.

Visited December 2011