“Great value for money on all levels...”

Burnie Central Townhouse Hotel
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Burnie
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Great value for money on all levels... I've stayed 6-7 times here on business and never disappoints.... Has the latest LTE reception including free wifi so Internet speed is quicker here than at my own house! Clean rooms, great Irish pub downstairs with live music on weekends.... Maccas over the rd which is 24 hrs and dominos pizza next door..... Beds are comfy and temp control in rooms works fine.... One thing is there hasn't been any movement on the downstairs upgrade to cafe as management has mentioned in recent review responses.

• Stayed: January 2013
Comforthotelburnie, General Manager at Burnie Central Townhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

Great review - thank you!
The renovations are coming, I promise, we will keep you updated with our progress upon each visit :)

Reviewed December 29, 2012

2 nights spent here with my family, service was brilliant, always friendly and a smile. Rooms were very very clean, and fresh and modern, 1 of the nights we ate dinner at the restaurant down stairs, meals were beautiful with very generous servings, and at a very affordable price, took a bit of time getting them out seeing as they weren't busy at all but definitely worth the wait.
The only problem we found was the bar underneath and behind us on the 2nd night. Loud music to early hours of the morning, drunk people coming past yelling, and swearing and carrying on, we didn't get much sleep at all!! Had this of been mentioned when I booked, I don't think we would have booked here. Great hotel in an ideal location, with fantastic and compentent staff, but unfortunately the fact my children couldn't sleep due to the music etc really ruined the whole experience.

Room Tip: Don't stay weekends when bar has live music, and ask for a room on the port side
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Comforthotelburnie, General Manager at Burnie Central Townhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Hi
Thank you for taking the time to provide the great feedback on our property and staff.
I can only apologise for the disruption to your sleep on your second night. I am aware of the night you are referring to. We do have a band in our bar until midnight Friday and Saturday nights, however generally do not have an issue with noise as we place guests on high floors. The band on this night, which I agree was extremely loud, was coming from the neighbouring Green’s Hotel whom had a band in their new beer garden. I had been informed by one of their staff that this was to cease at 10.30pm which did not happen. On this night I did call the police due to many complaints from our guests and also from residents of Burnie believing it to be us as well, it was very disappointing.
Apologies again.

Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on a work trip. Very close to where I was working, very friendly staff, tidy room, reasonably priced and good hearty meals down stairs. An Irish pub next door with Guinness on tap and live music on the Saturday night which I enjoyed thoroughly. Pillows were a bit uncomfortable but I'd recommend it nonetheless.
A pleasant stay.

• Stayed: November 2012

Wonderful to hear what we aim to achieve is pleasing, see you on your next visit to Burnie :)

Reviewed July 30, 2012

The room was great. Service was polite. But 1 sneeky phone call for my address saw me with $150 charge.
Smoking room was occupied during 2 stays and the room state was the same both times. But was claimed was left in a bad state. Amount was refunded but has left a bad taste after the great experiences.

• Stayed: July 2012

Very sorry to see this review, there is more to this comment and I'd be happy to discuss it again with you at any time.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Husband was booked here for a night during a buisness trip, he found the bed hard, shower over bath with poor water preasure and a shower curtain (very old school) there was no foxtel and no breakfast served, you could however get a "breakfast pack" for $10.50 which was 2 kiddy packs of cereal and other stuff...

1  Thank Toddys91
Management response:Responded June 30, 2012

Hi
Thank you for your feedback, it is much appreciated.
We purchased the property in January of this year and have made considerable improvements including, new linens, reverse cycle air conditioning and updated mini bar – we are currently investigating the addition of shower screens to replace the curtains. For future visits however please feel free to let your husband know he is able to request a room with a shower only which he may find more comfortable.
We have fox 1, 2 and news so I am unsure why your husband was unable to access this. If he is having trouble on his next visit reception will be more than happy to accommodate.
I am surprised about the bed as we have numerous compliments from guests on how good our beds are, if you would be kind enough to let me know the room number I will have a look at this and have it replaced if necessary.
We have the popular “Travelfare” breakfast packs in our rooms, they contain a cereal, milk, juice, fruit and a danish. I'm sorry this wasn't of your expectation. This is an interim measure whilst we redevelop our ground floor cafe and bar. When this is complete we will have an a comprehensive breakfast menu available in the cafe.
Once again thank you.
Warm Regards

Reviewed June 14, 2012

The Reception staff were very friendly & helpful. The room & bathroom were clean, but there was a hand towel that looked like someone had blown their nose in it, that quickly went on the floor!! We were placed on the 3rd floor 2 doors from the elevator, I should have known right then!! After checking in we were greeted with some kind of power tool being used in the room above us from 2pm until they ceased work at 5pm. At last I thought we would get some peace but the damn elevator never ceased opening & shutting until about 11pm. The elevator is so old it bangs & clatters upon opening & closing & then hums all the way up or down!! It probably doesn't help when the hotel door has no sound proofing at all. When anyone went in or out of their room they all slam their doors, not so considerate on other patrons, which is not the hotels fault but maybe they should look at some solution to the doors being able to be slammed shut. Lastly we got a good 5 hours sleep before the 6am rush of workers staying in the hotel, hence the beginning of the elevator & door slamming. Even better was the return of the workmen above our room started to use their power tools at 8:10am & whilst it only happened a handful of times we were out of bed & left. The street noise ceases late at night but also begins nice & early in the morning, I'm guessing the Burnie local Police aren't too interested in extremely offensively loud exhaust systems.

If the hotel sorted out the elevator & sound proofing their room doors it would go a long way to a much more pleasant stay. Also reverse cycle heating/cooling & not an old oil heater which made the room like a sauna would also be a great idea.

I would advise anyone booking a room to ask to be located bayside & to be nowhere near the elevator. I'm sure this would help greatly in making your stay a lot more pleasurable.

Room Tip: Request a room on the bayside & make sure to be away from the elevator!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Comforthotelburnie, Manager at Burnie Central Townhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Thank you for your feed back, I have addressed the linen issue with our team and our supplier to ensure this once off is never repeated.
We now have reverse cycle air con and flat screen tvs in each room.
We will also have a new lift early next year - but please let us know when you book and we can allocate you a room away from the lift.
I have been looking for sometime for a solution to the banging doors and hope to have this fixed in the coming month.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

My wife and I stayed here because we were on a business trip and the location made it easy as our clients were just down the road. This is the first time we have stayed here. The room was very stuffy and if you open the window up to get some fresh air the traffic road noise is ridiculous you can't even hear the TV. To top things off our room was close to the elevator and all night all you can hear is the elevator doors opening and banging shut as people go in and out. When you have a shower the whole bathroom steams up and everything gets wet as there is no ceiling fan or vents. There was no Tee towel to dry your coffee cup I had to use a towel. Plus when we came into our room it had some sort of smell so we had to open up the window just to clear that out. The MaC Donald's is straight across the road so as you could imagine you could hear young people with their hot cars going in and out till late. Didn't help that when we arrived early afternoon as we had finished our clients early, and when we got to our room there were work man in the roof drilling and making noise like you wouldn't believe so we couldn't even relax after having been up traveling since 4am that morning. Oh and one of the hand towels had fresh stains on it so there is no reason that should have been replace by the cleaners.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room far away from the elevator. you can hear it all night.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Apologies for the workmen noise, this must have been a temporary side effect of us installing the reverse cycle air conditioning which is now in each room.
I have taken onboard your tea towel suggestion and we will impliment that in the coming weeks.
We are also tackling the outside noise continously with the local police.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnie
Ikon Hotel
Wellers Inn
#4 of 6 in Burnie
Beachfront Voyager Motor Inn
Best Western Murchison Lodge Motor Inn

Been to Burnie Central Townhouse Hotel? Share your experiences!