“cheap and cheerful” 4 of 5 bubbles

Mecca Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 72 Restaurants in Burnie
Cuisines: Pizza, Australian
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: We are a 120 seat family restaurant with a huge menu that includes steak, pasta, pizza, chicken and seafood at very reasonable prices. Our full menu is also available for take-away. Bookings are recommended.
Hobart, Australia
“cheap and cheerful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

ueled up here on pasta before the Burnie 10. Enjoyed my meal. My partner enjoyed his pizza and we both enjoyed the quick friendly service and the excellent value for money.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank fireball78

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne
“Late Lunch - No problem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

We had some business in Burnie, which resulted in us having a very late lunch. When we arrived at Mecca, the waitress was very accommodating. There was only a handful of clients in the restaurant, but I can appreciate that it could get very noisy when full. My husband and I both had a chicken and salad wrap, which came with some good chips: cost was around $14. The wrap contained plenty of chicken and was very tasty. We drank the house pinot grigio, (Tasmanian) which was also very good. It was a very relaxing lunch after a busy morning.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank 2ofusMelb
Launceston, Australia
“Good casual eating!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

Ate here on referral from friend, good menu, steak Cooked perfectly rare..

Some items over priced but good variety and wine list..

Next time in Burnie I will be back to eat again..

Great central location and good seating plan, not to loud and nice feel in restaurant...

Staff rush you through, very popular so make sure you book!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Australia
“Go the pizza!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

More 2.5 stars. We decided to go for a meal here on reccommendation from friends. There was a nice variety of wines. My husband ordered a pizza and I ordered the seafood platter. The pizza looked very nice when it came out and apparently tasted quite nice. My seafood plate was a disgrace, for around $35 I received 4 fresh nat oysters which were so so, a few roses of smoked salmon out of a pack, the rest came directly from a frozen packet, a few of those mashed up gross prawn crumbed cutlets, 2 small pieces of a crumbed fish, and frozen salt and pepper squid. I ate the oysters, salmon and salt and pepper squid at a push, a few chips and left the rest. When the plate was taken away and was asked how it was, I said the pizza was very nice but it is a pity the seafood was frozen, at which the guy laughed a bit and gave me a look like 'what do you expect'. For that price I expected more, even if they had used frozen Aussie prawns and battered them themselves, some scallops the same, same with squid and fish, with a freshly made tartare sauce instead of a masterfoods tartare squeezie, it would have been far better then pre-crumbed rubbish out of a box. We may return, but only for the pizza!

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Burnie, Tasmania
“Noisy but nice.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

Mecca seems to be a mecca for young people. It is a big room and has a tendency to be a little noisy.

The food is consistently good as is the service. I am not really a pasta lover but always enjoy something in that line when I go along with my grandchildren. It appears to be good value which is probably the attraction for young people who don't have too much disposable income.

Visited June 2012