“Noisy, fun, great for families”
Review of Mecca Restaurant

Mecca Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 72 Restaurants in Burnie
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are a 120 seat family restaurant with a huge menu that includes steak, pasta, pizza, chicken and seafood at very reasonable prices. Our full menu is also available for take-away. Bookings are recommended.
Reviewed April 21, 2012

We ate here on a Saturday night and it was PACKED! The staff are very friendly, and helped with the baby. Food was a bit slow, which is to be expected as it was so busy. The pizzas smelled awesome and the pizza chef was running. I should have ordered one. I had a Tas salmon roasted on the grill. The salmon couldn't be faulted. To be a great dish, it should have been dressed better: it came with lumpy mash and half an avocado on top. Well, I guess it was protein, carbs and veges... Really good wines by the glass.

There are newer reviews for Mecca Restaurant

Reviewed April 11, 2012

I ordered the lamb pizza which was yummy, my friend on the other hand ordered the gnocchi and it was swimming in sauce, it was more of a soup than anything.

1  Thank ClaireNichols
Reviewed April 6, 2012

We had pizzas, which were nice, however they did bring us a small pizza when we asked for a large. They made us another promptly, to their credit. When we were brought our food, the waitress then went back to get our plates, rather than bringing those before the food, and she then put them in a stack on the end of the table for us to hand out ourselves, a bit unprofessional. They have a lot of options on the menu, mainly Italian food. However, it does become quite noisy with families and not a particularly nice atmosphere. What we really didn't like is the iced chocolates we ordered - they were room temperature and tasted odd so we thought there may have been something wrong with the milk. On taking them back to the counter we were told they are made with long life milk. The waitress said they would be the same if they re-made them. Combined with the fact they are a lot smaller than usual iced chocolates, $4.50 is a bit steep. I could be wrong but I also thought I saw the staff leave a knife and fork on the table for us to use that had been left by the previous people, rather than bringing out fresh ones.

Reviewed February 6, 2012

The choice here are all heavy on the carbohydrates but what they do they do well.

Their steak sandwich is fabulous - the full thing - egg, cheese, onion, salad and heaps of bacon as well as chips.

Reviewed January 3, 2012

I went to Mecca Restaurant with my mum and the kids, and was very impressed by the range of their menu - something to suit everyone. The meals were very generous and good quality - my battered scallops were particularly tasty. The coffee was a bit of a let-down however, as it tasted like it was made with UHT milk.

The restaurant is in an old pub and has a good atmosphere but there is a lot of echo and noise which makes it hard to carry on a conversation - and it was nowhere near full.