“Fantastic Location. Beautifull new bathrooms”

Beachfront Voyager Motor Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Burnie
Reviewed December 30, 2009

We were recommended this property by friends of ours and found it be one of the best located proerties we stayed at around Tas. Thank you to the friendly staff at the Beachfront Voyager.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed August 1, 2009

We stayed at this establishment on 18/7/09. We had selected the motel because it was supposedly 4 star and the best available in Burnie. We were totally disappointed in our stay, both with the quality of the room and in the service provided by the staff.
We decided to have an ocean view room so we could sit on the balcony. When we got to our room it was impossible to open the door to the balcony. When I tried to call the front desk the phone was dead, no dial tone at all. We walked down and spoke to the lady on the front desk. She reset the phone from the front desk and then came to our room. She said the doors stick and suggested as I was taller I could push higher up to open it!!!! We eventually managed to open it. When we left to go out I shut the door and skinned my knuckles on the door frame. There is no room for your hand to close the door. When we returned and tried to open the door it was jammed shut again so we never really got to use the balcony!
That evening we decided to have room service. I went to use the phone and it was not working again. I had to use my cell phone to call the hotel and ask the front desk to order our meal for us. At this time I asked how long it would be and was told 20 to 30 minutes as they were busy. I said that would be alright. It took an hour for our meal, toasted sandwiches, to arrive.
The bed linen in your hotel is the equivalent of that found in a 2 or 3 star hotel, worn out and old fashioned. The TV was not tuned in properly and 4 of the stations jumped so badly you could not watch them.
When we went to check out at about 9:15 am there was no one at the front desk and we had to walk into the restaurant to find someone to help us. Since then I have written to the hotel expressing my concerns with our stay and have not received a reply nearly 2 weeks later. As far as we are concerned this motel is definitely not deserving of being rated 4 star and when I enquired to the AAA I was told their rating had been downgraded to 3.5 stars earlier in the year so add false advertising to the list of their faults!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2009

It was cold and rainy when we pulled into this motel and asked for a room around 4pm We had a choice of rooms, $129 queen size standard, $145 for an executive room and $160 for a spa room. I suspect we could have done better on the internet but this was a walk in booking so you usually pay the top price. We chose the standard room.

The motel is handy to the shopping area, the water is just over the road and we found the room to be very clean, good bathroom and good electric heating which warmed us up quickly. The bed was comfortable with a choice of pillows available. There was a restaurant in the motel but we tried somewhere else. Overall we were happy with this place although our room was next to the laundry and it got a bit noisy around 7.30 am with the dryers and washing machines on the go..

Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2009

Used to stay here years ago for work and 13 years on it hasn't changed. Burnie has changed a lot and progressed with the times.........Voyager needs some TLC.
Location borders on seedy. Very disappointed as I had read that it had been refurbished. Mmmmmm.
Past its "use by" date

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 19, 2008

Hotel is located in a good location - very central to the town. Rooms are definitely in need of a renovation even though the website says they have been renovated! Very old fashioned and needs a good upgrade. Staff are lovely and very helpful, beds are ok, rooms are small, restaurant not good. Ok for a few days but wouldnt want to stay too long.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed March 4, 2006

This hotel is located just a minute walk from the beach, also the litte quiet centre is just a few minutes walk.

The rooms are well equipt, only because of the many beds which were standing in the room it's look a little bit smal. The room has also got no airco, but the televison has got heaps of channels.

The room which we stayed in had a balcony only the view was bad, we looked straight on a gas-station and it was very noisy because of the traffic.

• Stayed: January 2006
1  Thank Ned_Kelly1
Reviewed February 19, 2005

Excellent recently refurbished rooms, very comfortable. The balcony could have done with some paving paint. Pleasant bar, restaurant with good ambience and some original items on the menu, though not always clearly described - I had not expected the seafood platter to be almost entirely deepfried. The hotel, like the town, seems to be moving gently up-market at its own pace.

Great views across the esplanade to the sea - good people watching.

2  Thank AngelaCaro
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnie
Ikon Hotel
Best Western Murchison Lodge Motor Inn
The Waterfront Wynyard
The Waterfront Wynyard
#1 of 1 in Wynyard

Been to Beachfront Voyager Motor Inn? Share your experiences!