“Great Hotel, view of the sea”

Beachfront Voyager Motor Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Burnie
Reviewed August 17, 2014

I always stay here in Burnie. Always clean, friendly and welcoming. Close to everything. A bit dated but bathrooms have been updated since I last visited. Good size rooms, clean and tidy and very practical.

Room Tip: Get a view of the sea. The ground floor can be noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
ducky35, Manager at Beachfront Voyager Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2014

Thank you for your kind review.
We are always happy to see our guests have enjoyed their stay.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights as part of a business trip.

Likes:
Room was modern, clean and HUGE (spa suite)
Great location close to the CBD (less than 2 blocks to city centre) and beach (across the road)
Nice and quiet

Dislikes:
Breakfast was a bit overpriced and better options are in town anyway.

Have stayed in other places in Burnie before but this is first place I would stay in again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review.
Glad to hear you liked our Spa Suite:)
We have recently added a bed & full breakfast option to all of our suites advertised on the internet which many of our guests are begining to take advantage of.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

stayed for one night in Burnie while travelling in Tassie for business, The room was clean and comfortable, which matched the low cost of it. The lady at the counter was very polite ,and nice to deal with, although the office opened late on a Sunday I had to wait to check out. No accommodation dining/ breakfast deals were on offer, the restaurant attached seemed a little empty, so ended up walking around looking for a place for dinner, and found KFC the easiest option. The freight train that arrived early evening was a bit noisy so was the ship in the dock out the front , which was quite loud as I had street front room.

Room Tip: The street front rooms are noisy when the trains in, the surf club across the road has nice coffee.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I travel to Burnie monthly for work. After driving all day I always look forward to getting to the hotel. The staff are friendly and always go out of their way to help you. My rooms have always been warm and clean. I'd definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Naturopath_knowledge
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

We had to go to Burnie to visit friends, so were looking for a place with a bit of luxury. We booked the "spa suite" which cost $165/night. Yes, it had a corner spa bath, but it looked so old and dirty that we didn't even use it. The shower head was loose also, and the sink had no grill, it was just a gaping hole that you could lose your toothbrush down.
All the cutlery was grimy, and decorations consisted of a vase of very dusty fake flowers.
I found the woman at reception quite rude.
I was pretty disappointed, and I'm considering contacting the owners as I feel very ripped off.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sophie C
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We stayed just one night and found this motel clean, comfortable and good value for the price. The office staff were most helpful and pleasant. It was dark and raining when we arrived so it was a nice surprise to see the ocean and foreshore the next day. Our room was quiet and we got a good nights rest. In walking distance to the shops and the Makers Workshop we found it a good place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Austimum
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Spent a night at the Beachfront for work. Was initially placed in a spa suite. Would advise against these rooms. Whilst roomy, they are right on street level with pedestrians walking past the windows. It is also a bit like stepping into an 80s decor time warp. Four poster bed with ruffles etc. Instead ask for a room upstairs as I think most of these have been renovated and are schmick and modern with a comfy bed. The ones facing the beach are nice, but unless you're a sound sleeper the train may wake you in the wee hours.

Staff were friendly and accommodating. No dramas about changing rooms. The restaurant was empty, but no idea why as my Cape steak was beautifully cooked and the oysters fresh.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Libby W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnie
Ikon Hotel
The Waterfront Wynyard
The Waterfront Wynyard
#1 of 1 in Wynyard
Best Western Murchison Lodge Motor Inn

Been to Beachfront Voyager Motor Inn? Share your experiences!