“Pleasant stay”

Beachfront Voyager Motor Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Burnie
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Pleasant stay but Reception staff need training. Young girl that assisted me when I arrived seemed a bit vague and the older lady needs a permanent holiday- very rude! I am a Regular visitor and have always found staff to be very pleasant - But not this time!! The restaurant has a great steak and I always enjoy the view .

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Steven341

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We had an ocean view room and even though we heard the trains it did not bother us. The meal we had in the restaurant was lovely. Only negative was having to walk upstairs to the top floor carrying luggage. This would be a great problem to the elderly or physically disabled.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2013

normally stay at wellers in but due to them being booked out I thought I would try the voyager. Beautiful food at raindrops, clean rooms however the reception staff is the reason ill never return. The young girl I collected my key off was very helpful and bubbly however the old lady was nothing but rude and abrupt not the kind of person you want working front of house.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank natalie g
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I have usually looked at TA and other sites for reviews before I book. However, this time in a hurry, I chose a hotel from a list provided by my employer. Never again. I have told my employer so my colleagues will not make the same innocent mistake. Sorry, but this is possibly the worst sleep I have had. The bed was comfotable enough, but the noise all night was too much. The rooms were not clean. Very physically worn with paint chips all over walls. Back of the door was broken and paint cracked off. Chips in the old laminate on the edges of tables and joins. Carpet on the bag shelves worn. USED soap on the shower screen. Eeewww. The extractor vent in the bathroom caked with dust. Window sills in bathroom caked with dust. Curtains dusty. Carpet on the outside areas and stairwells mouldy and worn. The young reception girl was pleasant. The older lady was less so. There are better options, especially for the reasonably high price..

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Georgia T
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Overpriced old rooms. No lifts. No offer to help. I have given this place enough chances. Seems to get enough business from corporates and govt. Should reinvest in cleaning and refurb. Restaurant is even more of an absolute rip off. Staff are pleasant enough however they felt it necessary to yell from the kitchen door, compliments about the food. This was obviously aimed at us as we had complained about the quality and price. The seafood food is out of boxes and sauces from bottles. $17 entrees are quite honestly laughable. One conselation the steak was tender and cooked as requested. The accompanying chips were out of a box. Not even house fries for $36 !!!!!

Room Tip: Choose a differnt motel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I stayed here for one night my room was at the bottom across from the main street, My room had normal wear and tear which did not bother me, The checkin staff attitude could of been better, The location is great, with the Beach right across the road and had dinner at a fish and chip place across the road which I highly recommend, Then a very loud clunking noise at 4:00a.m. thought it was some truck crash and then the same noise at 5:00a.m. I had then found out by the next day that it was two freight trains going trough at different times..

I would put another star if the checkin staff attitude was friendly... Overall my stay was good just bear in mind that freight trains do go by this Place around 4 meters away on the opposite side facing this place early in the mornings..

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Traveller69692013
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have absolutely nothing good to say about this place or the ignorant receptionist ..

I, like the previous reviews I've just read, paid for the privilege of the upgraded 'beach front views' room that was supposed to have been updated in decor...pfft! Drab, terrible colours out of the early 80's and glowing, flickering signs outside at night and SHUNTING (I could change the spelling of shunting slightly) trains all night. NO SLEEP! I have to drive a lot and no sleep was not good. I paid $145 a night for this privilege & the woman at the desk the next morning had the audacity to ask me if I slept well & any complaints?

This place should be bull dozed....

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank SassMelbourne
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnie
Ikon Hotel
#4 of 6 in Burnie
The Waterfront Wynyard
The Waterfront Wynyard
#1 of 1 in Wynyard

Been to Beachfront Voyager Motor Inn? Share your experiences!