Very unsatisfactory stay on a recent business trip!
1. The staff outright lied by saying "you won't hear the trains" when I asked for a quiet room. I was woken at 0430am by the trains, which went by about every 30mins and shunted right in front of the hotel. They may as well have been shunting in the room it was so loud!
2. The room was OK (if you don't mind worn sheets with holes in them) but in the morning I was covered in bites that I assume to be bed bugs.
3. On payment of the bill the next morning I was charged more than what I was quoted on booking. I had to argue with them to reduce the cost, although it was still more than the quoted amount. Then, when I got my credit card statement a few days later, there was an unauthorised extra charge! When I called them, I was met with a very nonchalant lady with whom I had to argue to get them to reimburse the extra charge. Very unhappy!
4. The restaurant was palatable at best. It certainly did not live up to the reviews and was a huge disappointment.
I suggest to travellers to stay in Penguin instead, which is just a short distance from Burnie. It is right next the the beach, has a play area for kids, a great little B&B and an excellent restaurant "Wild". Even the pizza place across the road from Wild (I cannot remember the name) was really nice - much better than Raindrops!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Beachfront Voyager Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beachfront Voyager Motor Inn Burnie, Tasmania