“Very Average Hotel”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Burnie
Sydney, Aust
“Very Average Hotel”
Reviewed November 22, 2011

We stayed one night here & I was happy to move on in the morning. I thought the bathroom plumbing was very loud, from the shower, sink and the toilet flush, all were extremely noisy. I also found the double bed was passed its prime, as soon as I got into bed, I rolled towards the centre. We made use of the laundry, which I was pleased was a free service to guests including the detergent. This hotel has a great location, being close to the centre of town, but for me the negatives outweigh the positives and I would not stay here again nor recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Room 15 has noisy plumbing and an uncomfortable bed.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Excellent position- one block from the town centre. We had great meal in the restaurant.
All the staff were professional, friendly and very helpful.
All the rooms are very quiet and you can park out side your room.
We have stay many time for work and will keep on staying.

Room Tip: never had a bad room!!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Fantastic Location near the town centre of Burnie. I was part of a group staying in a motel room. I was working in town for a few days. If you have time, have dinner in the Restaurant.. best in town. Work book my room and I would recommended it to any business person staying on the north west coast.

Matthew Towns
Vic
September 2011

Room Tip: Rooms at the Back
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 23, 2011

My sister and I stayed a night at this hotel while in Burnie for a funeral. We had stayed years prior and couldnt fault it then. Unfortunately on this occasion we found a used tissue under the cover of the queen bed. We informed the manager who did not even apologise, instead appeared to think it was not a possibility that this could occur in his hotel. Will not be returning and suggest that the manager get some hospitalityand customer service training. Very disappointing.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Kelly M

Travelers are raving about these Burnie hotels

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed March 2, 2011

Very disappointing accommodation option taken at premium price for the Spa Suite. It was an old house divided into two and the quality of an old flat. The picture taken for the net is of the new bathroom with huge spa bath but the rest is tired, sleezy and poorly presented. I did tell the man at reception of my disappointment but of course he was unmoved, he had my credit card ! This hotel, we are told, has recently changed ownership at the end of 2010 and as we have stayed before we noticed a definite decline in style and service.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Teaset
NSW, Australia
Reviewed February 5, 2011

We (3 adults) arrived, without a booking, refugees of the January flood events in Tasmania. The manager squeezed a roll-away into a twin room with no extra charge, to help us out. He could also see our desperate position, but still charged a very reasonable rate. (Cheaper than where we were planning to stay - in the flood!) We loved waking up to magnificent views of Bass Strait, and recommend Fish Frenzy as a place to eat, an easy walk down the hill from Wellers. This motel is decor dated, but perfectly comfortable for an over night stay. Parking is easy, at your door and the fresh milk provided, much appreciated. Taking into account the tarrif, this is highly rated for value for money, and helpfulness of management.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed September 22, 2010

Lets say I found something in my bed that you would never want to find....think worst possible scenario. When I went to reception to change rooms, I was rudely asked 'Well how did it get there?'. An apology was never offered and I was left to feel as though I had done something wrong.
NEVER EVER AGAIN will I stay at Wellers...scarred for life!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank TassieLass01
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnie
Ikon Hotel
The Madsen Boutique Hotel
Best Western Murchison Lodge Motor Inn
Beachfront Voyager Motor Inn
The Menai Motel & Function Centre

Been to Wellers Inn? Share your experiences!