Tripadvisor
Bridport

“Scallops & GF desserts”

The Bridport Bunker Club
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Bridport
Description: The Club offers Bistro style food for both lunch and dinner 6 days a week. Dine in the restaurant, book a booth in the bar or simply dine out on the deck. We aim to use only the freshest and best local Tassie produce, focusing on the North East where possible. Our Chefs aim to create taste sensations and flavours that are unique to the BUNKER. Our meals are all generous and can be topped off with a house made dessert, created fresh each day. The Bars open Tuesday to Sunday and offers great Tassie local, beers, wines and ciders.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We hoped for a nice lunch - and were blown away! Fresh natural oysters were great. Main of pan-seared scallops, rice and a hearty bechemel sauce were divine. The side salad of candied walnuts, cranberries, feta, apple and greens was an unexpected jaw-dropper. Outstanding. Highly recommend.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (193)

Reviewed January 9, 2020 via mobile

We called late and although busy squeezed us in. Beers cold and the bar staff are up for a chat. Probably the best feed we have had in tassie. Thanks for everything

Reviewed January 7, 2020

Can't believe how good the food was in such a small town. The menu was varied with some really interesting dishes. I had the smoked duck and halloumi salad for entree and it was really delicious. Lots of Asian flavour served with crunchy nuts and rice noodles. A great start. For main, my husband had the chicken with cranberry and prosciutto crust and 3 cheese risotto cake. It also had a hint of chilli. He thoroughly enjoyed it. I chose the Atlantic salmon with a roasted vegetable tartlet and a lemon garlic verjuice dressing. This was also delicious with the salmon perfectly cooked. The servings were big and you could easily have shared the starter between 2. We shared the chocolate brownie dessert which was just superb. Not heavy and served with a chocolate mud sauce and vanilla ice cream. The staff were just lovely. This is a family run restaurant and their attention to detail was great. The owner was highly visible and went around speaking to the guests especially if there was any sort of delay on their meals - the place was very, very busy. On another note, I always look at the terrible ratings as well as the excellent. I find it really annoying when people give a one star rating and didn't even eat in the restaurant. Trip Advisor, you should not allow these ratings and posts. Good on you, Dion, for replying to the people so politely.

Reviewed January 7, 2020 via mobile

The service and food were excellent. Make sure you book! There were many great options available on the menu; it was hard to decide. I chose the chicken with chili and garlic cream with scallops and vegetables. Savoured every mouthful. My husband had the seafood linguini with chorizo. I couldn't eat all my food, but the food was packaged up for me to eat later this evening. My husband wanted to have some sticky date pudding and we were able to have that in a takeaway container too. Highly recommend this place for dinner!

Reviewed December 20, 2019

Have frequented numerous times since moving to Bridport and every time our experience is first class. The service is welcoming, and the meals are fabulous. Every time. Highly recommend this restaurant and bar.

Date of visit: December 2019