“A very interesting venue”
Review of Seahorse World

Seahorse World
Book In Advance
More Info
$83.97*
and up
Tasmania Sightseeing Pass: See Tasmania Card
More attraction details
Owner description: Seahorse World provides visitors with an opportunity to experience the secret life of seahorses, from pregnant males through birth up to adulthood. By joining one of the regular guided tours, you will gain an intriguing insight into the seahorse, experience the feeding of the fish and hands-on opportunities in the touch pool with many interesting sea creatures. Seahorse World is fully accessible for people with special needs, has an impressive gift shop featuring some of Tasmania’s fine art, crafts and souvenirs and the Seahorse World Coffee Shop.
Margate, Tasmania, Australia
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“A very interesting venue”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Although I have been before, I still found this venue very interesting and informative especially as I had a friend with me who had never been there. The staff were very courteous and knew their stuff. I would highly recommend a visit to this place to anyone especially families.

• Thai first
Brisbane
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Sea Horses”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Many people mocked me when I announced that a highlight of our forthcoming trip to Tasmania was a visit to Sea Horse World at Beauty Point (near Launceston) but I was vindicated. It was fantastic. You get to do a 45 minute guided tour which teaches you all about sea horses and you get to see different types as well as many other weird sea creatures. Not only do you get to see the sea horses in tanks but you get to touch a couple of them in the touch pool at the end of the tour. These are amazing creatures and it was well worth the entry fee to get to learn more about them. My adult children enjoyed the tour but for smaller children it would be even more fun.

Ulverstone, Australia
“Amazing Experience !”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Sea Horse World was an amazing experience, with entertaining and informative guide Craig mixing a sense of humour with information about the breeding and life of the sea horse. Then surprising us with more tanks containing the leafy sea dragon, sharks, skate, clown fish and 2 very large crayfish called 'Apppertiser and Dinner'. Well worth the visit. Rosanne & Dennis

Melbourne, Australia
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Simply fascinating”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My husband and I joined the short educational tour on the life cycle of the Seahorse. It was so fascinating! For those who don't know it yet, the male seahorses are the ones that get pregnant! There were different-coloured seahorses and I even got to hold one of them.
There were also aquariums of other ocean creatures such as the beautiful sea dragons, giant cuttlefish, baby shark, various species of fish, etc. It was really amazing!
This commercial seahorse farm is incredible. How I wish it could make enough profit to survive as it's really worth keeping such a place here in Australia.

Melbourne, Australia
“Seahorse World”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

One of the most memorable highlights of our trip to Tasmania. Craig was informative, interesting and humorous...we just loved it Thank you