“Great for a quiet country holiday, with great food”

Crowne Plaza Hawkesbury Valley
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Windsor
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I had one of those online discount vouchers for $125 per night inclusive of breakfast. I bought 2 vouchers and used it consecutively. Remembering the words “you get what you paid for”, I was hoping for a quiet and not too shabby room.

I had a beautiful ground floor room. It was spacious, well presented, beds were very very comfy, pillows were fluffy and so huggable. Bathrooms were bright and airy, with bathrobes.
A flat screen tv, with 2 in-house movies an several sports channel. The free in-house movies were at fixed times so you have to be around if you want to watch it from the beginning. Nevertheless I caught as many as possible, like a kid with free lollipops. I am one of the almost extinct species who have never subscribed to cable.

There was also free wifi for those who needed a security technological blanket, and free newspapers.

There was an indoor, with a very well heated swimming pool, spa and sauna. The husband came out glowing from the sauna. There was also a very well equipped exercise room. Did not bring appropriate shoes, so I could not try it out.

Breakfast was just yummy. I really did not expect such a wide range from a small out-of town hotel. There were eggs to order (or you could just choose the buffet), there was cold meats, cheeses, heaps of fresh and canned fruits, selection of cereals, bread and pastries. I was fascinated by the pancake making-machine. I think every patron tried it out. Nice pancakes too.
The housekeeping staff was very friendly and helpful. I asked them to open an adjoining room door, and it was done immediately.

My only unpleasant experience was being told I could get a 33% discount at their dining. After a very delectable dinner, my hats to the chefs, I was told I was not entitled to it. It was a bit of a letdown. Not my fault you gave me wrong information.

Overall it was a very enjoyable stay. There were beautiful grounds and it would have been lovely to read a book outside if it was not so cold. I would love to go back again, just to do nothing.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the pool/sauna so you don't have to walk far in your wet swimmers.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed here with my wife in June 2013 for a weekend away and really enjoyed it. The resort was modern and clean with plenty of colonial Australia character. The grounds were beautifully landscaped and was nice for short walks. The pool and spa were heated to a very nice warm temperature. We stayed in a courtyard spa room. Plenty of room, clean and tidy, and cosy. Breakfast was in a bright, spacious country style room with all window walls, that made it very relaxing. Dinner was exceptionally good, especially with our advantage plus 50% discount. The food was of high quality and very tasty. Staff were all very friendly and helpful. Overall, our stay was just what we wanted - peaceful and relaxing.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Taketimeout
Reviewed June 24, 2013

On entering the property I was wowed. It looked great. Entry/reception was very professional and the amenities looked great. However, on arrival at our room it all went down hill quickly. The room was smelly and hadn't been fully cleaned, full ashtrays and bottles of wine were left. We were moved to a more practical and satisfying room, but why we weren't put in this room to start off with is beyond me. The breakfast was average and the service was well to put it blunt - slack. Would only stay again I was desparate for a bed and my expectations would not be very high.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LollydollyNowra_NSW
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I stayed at the Sebel Resort & Spa Hawkesbury valley as it was an ACCOR property, and the price was good as I was an accor member. I had business at the RAAF base which was only 2 minutes away.
The Resort was easy to locate with my GPS, Check-in was average, I was treated as you would expect a guest to be treated, nothing exceptional. I asked the lady checking me in if they had many guests and she said no. I then asked what the chances were of an upgrade and was told I could have one for an extra $40.00. I explained that I was a 15 year member of Accor Advantage plus and had several hundred room nights with them. She said sorry still $40.00. I had to park a distance away from my room and carry 2 suitcases (one contained equipment and training materials) up a narrow flight of stairs (the lift was not working) and through the rabbit warren of corridors and finally up another short flight of stairs to my room.
The room was average, the aircon was not on and the room was cold. The interior of the room was average, looking a little tired and showing signs of use.
The bathroom was functional but had not been cleand behind the toilet for a while. There was dust on the upper surfaces of the Mirror, Door, Skirting boards etc. The upper rail of the shower recess had old bits of soap and scum on it, trypical of what you find on in an average establishment. The cleanliness was average. The bed was comfortable and acceptable what you would expect it to be. The power point next to the bed was on the lower surface of the bedside table and took some time to find.
The meals in the resaurant were over priced and not appetizing.
The Barman was friendly and helpful but he was always disappearing to carry out other duties. Several other guests were waiting for 5 - 10 minutes to be served.

All in all it was just an average hotel, I would stay again on business for the convenience but not for leisure.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor
Mercure Penrith
#1 of 2 in Bowen Mountain
Pioneer Way Motel
Pioneer Way Motel
#1 of 1 in Faulconbridge

Been to Crowne Plaza Hawkesbury Valley? Share your experiences!