I had one of those online discount vouchers for $125 per night inclusive of breakfast. I bought 2 vouchers and used it consecutively. Remembering the words “you get what you paid for”, I was hoping for a quiet and not too shabby room.
I had a beautiful ground floor room. It was spacious, well presented, beds were very very comfy, pillows were fluffy and so huggable. Bathrooms were bright and airy, with bathrobes.
A flat screen tv, with 2 in-house movies an several sports channel. The free in-house movies were at fixed times so you have to be around if you want to watch it from the beginning. Nevertheless I caught as many as possible, like a kid with free lollipops. I am one of the almost extinct species who have never subscribed to cable.
There was also free wifi for those who needed a security technological blanket, and free newspapers.
There was an indoor, with a very well heated swimming pool, spa and sauna. The husband came out glowing from the sauna. There was also a very well equipped exercise room. Did not bring appropriate shoes, so I could not try it out.
Breakfast was just yummy. I really did not expect such a wide range from a small out-of town hotel. There were eggs to order (or you could just choose the buffet), there was cold meats, cheeses, heaps of fresh and canned fruits, selection of cereals, bread and pastries. I was fascinated by the pancake making-machine. I think every patron tried it out. Nice pancakes too.
The housekeeping staff was very friendly and helpful. I asked them to open an adjoining room door, and it was done immediately.
My only unpleasant experience was being told I could get a 33% discount at their dining. After a very delectable dinner, my hats to the chefs, I was told I was not entitled to it. It was a bit of a letdown. Not my fault you gave me wrong information.
Overall it was a very enjoyable stay. There were beautiful grounds and it would have been lovely to read a book outside if it was not so cold. I would love to go back again, just to do nothing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza Hawkesbury Valley is the only 4.5 Star hotel located in the Hawkesbury and Nepean regions. With 105 beautifully appointed rooms and suites, it is the ideal choice for conferences, weddings, romantic weekends away or time out with the children. Our child friendly accommodation near Sydney is perfect for a family weekend, holiday or just to get away from the busy city. This Hawkesbury accommodation is located in the historic town of Windsor in the foothills of the Blue Mountains, if you are thinking about looking for weekend getaways near Sydney, our resort is just an easy 45 minutes' drive from the Sydney CBD and 60 minutes from Sydney International Airport. Planning a romantic getaway near Sydney? You must try our resort. The hotel is set within 8 hectares of manicured, landscaped gardens, and includes an indoor heated pool, 2 floodlit tennis courts, an on-site 9-hole golf course and adjacent 18-hole championship course, fully equipped gym and kid's playground, plus the only Villa Thalgo Day Spa in Australia. It is the perfect setting for romantic getaways in Sydney and the surrounding area. The resort has 8 formal and 5 informal meeting rooms (most with natural light), offering conference organisers and delegates the ideal venue for company training, product launches or incentives. With beautifully manicured rose gardens, lakeside settings and a private chapel, it has all the perfect ingredients for a heavenly wedding in the Windsor and Hawkesbury area or any plans for romantic weekend getaways in NSW. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hawkesbury Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sebel Hotel Sydney
- Sebel Hotel Hawkesbury Valley
- Crowne Plaza Hawkesbury Valley Windsor, Australia