“Great Thai Food”

89 Thai Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 66 Restaurants in Windsor
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Windsor is an odd town with shops that seem to be reminiscent of $2 shops a selling cheap goods. The choice of places to stay is very limited so finding this restaurant was a real treat.
Great atmosphere in an historic old building with an excellent selection of Thai food which was great. I had the Thai basil stirfrip with prawns which was excellent. BYO with a pub you can buy from just across the road. Takeaway also available.

There are newer reviews for 89 Thai Restaurant

Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

We visited 89 Thai for dinner (with friends) on Tuesday, 14 August, 2012.

When I saw the dodginess of the pub downstairs from the restaurant I was a little concerned. But once we got upstairs it was a lovely surprise. Nice space with a couple of really lovely Buddhist artworks.

I don't know about you but I'm always happy when it's actual Thais running a Thai place, and yay! They were!

We ordered a variety of dishes from curry puffs and chicken satay skewers for entree, and mains of lamb massamun, duck, chicken/cashew stir fry and a whole snapper with Thai sweet chilli, and rice (of course). Each and every dish was absolutely delicious, with the fish being an absolute standout. Just yum!

The servings were good sizes and all the ingredients were very fresh.

Really great surprise!

We'll be back :)

P.S. it is BYO so either bring it from home or drop into the pub downstairs.

3  Thank SujoyP
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Since moving to the Hawkesbury over 4 years ago,my husband and I have been on the look out for a fabulous Thai restaurant to replace our previous favourite..and we found it!! The restaurant is located above a pub in the main street so we didn't honestly think the food would blow us away, but it did.. We're now frequent visitors!!

3  Thank AJParrello
Reviewed April 12, 2012

You know when you find something really good, so good that you just want to keep it to yourself and not share with the whole world. Well, this little restaurant almost brings that out of me.

My sister in-law and I first visited the restaurant when we were in the area and decided to stop by to have lunch. When we walked up to the restaurant, we were a little unsure about the fact that the restaurant was empty. But we were pleasantly greeted with a smile and was then led to a table of our choice. We ordered spring rolls and money bags to start off with, and then dug into the Pad Thai. The Pad Thai at this restaurant is currently my favourite. And I have travelled out from my local area just to have Pad Thai at this restaurant.

My second visit was with my cousin and brother. We ordered the Tom Yum Fried Rice, Pad Thai and Tom Kha Chicken soup. I fell in love with the Tom Kha Chicken soup. You could taste every flavour and the coconut milk was not too heavy. I have tasted Tom Kha soups elsewhere and so far, I prefer the one that this restaurant serves.
Both my cousin and brother enjoyed their experience at this restaurant and they also prefer the Pad Thai here.

My recent and third visit was again with my sister in-law. I wanted her to taste the Tom Kha chicken soup, which she could not get enough of. We tried the satay chicken skewer which was a well-chosen entrée. We ordered the Pad Thai again and also tried the Panang, which was not a disappointment.

I have to say that I have not yet been disappointed at this restaurant. The atmosphere isn't all that spectacular, but it was very quaint and I always leave the place very satisfied.

2  Thank deed23
Reviewed November 18, 2011

This was such a pleasant suprise, a real hidden gem. We had the lunch time menu and it was so fresh and cheap. The pad Thai with chicken was our favourite and never wanted it to end. I also had the tom khar soup with chicken...best ever...it wasnt on the lunch menu, but were more than happy to make it for me. My husband had the chicken satay starter and it was a generous portion and not a scrap left on our plates. We never had dinner that night as so full! We look forward to going back when next that way.