Falls Mountain Retreat Blue Mountains
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Rest Easy Motel(Wentworth Falls)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewsloft apartmentspa bathgas fireblue mountainsking bedself cateringnational parkyear anniversaryour night stayboth sideselectric blanketson arrivalmy partnernice spotperfect location to exploreair conditionerglowing reviews
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Falls Mountain Retreat is a really great place to stay in a fantastic location. We stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment with forest view. The apartment was really lovely and beautifully appointed. It had everything you could possibly wish for. We cannot thank the staff highly enough and particular thanks must go the Aaron. Upon returning home, my husband realised he had lost his wallet. We contacted Falls Mountain Retreat with the slim hope that he may have lost it in the apartment. The staff checked the apartment, but the wallet was not found. However, a few days later, we received an e-mail from Aaron to say that whilst the staff were preparing the apartment for new visitors, they went to make up the sofa bed located in the lounge and amazingly the wallet fell out (it must have fallen out of my husbands pocket whilst he was sitting on the sofa). Aaron then went to the trouble of arranging for the wallet to be returned to us in the UK. Fantastic customer service. Falls Mountain Retreat is in a great location for visiting all the attractions. There are also some great walks from the resort. Would recommend that if you are visiting the Blue Mountains, you stay at Falls Mountain Retreat.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Great location, good size apartment and very clean. Well kitted out.. Just remember though if you need anything extra i.e drying cloths line..... You do need to ask (only found out on departure! They are not serviced so for a 4 night stay, no fresh towels, no top of tea, sugar etc... Trival in the scale of things.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to Forest aspect to rear. Very nice and huge back patio area. A bbq to use would have been nice though
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed here just after Christmas and over the New Year for a romantic getaway, it was a wonderful stay. It was very private and quite. The staff were really friendly and helpful. It was nice and close to all of the attactions the Blue Mountains have to offer, with lots of walks close by. There was absolutley no poroblems getting to and from the train station to catch a train to see the new years fire works in the city (a last minute decision!) I will definitely come back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I have been here twice in the past couple of months. Both times we've had one of our sisters come along with us, so a party of three both times.
We're a close family (but not that close), so on both occasions we've opted for a 2-Bedroom Apartment (House #9 both times).

Anyway, enough of the dull detail and on to what makes this place such a welcome retreat.

The location itself is spot on. It's a short drive/walk out from the tiny township of Wentworth Falls, near the National Park/bushwalking track entrance end of Falls Road. A short 3-5min stroll from your front door and you're standing at one of the prime lookout locations over the Blue Mountains, and you're at the beginning of a bunch of world-class walks through some pristine bushland.

Unlike the walks that start in Katoomba, the Wentworth Falls tracks don't feel overrun with tourists. The vibe is much more relaxed and low-key. It's quieter. There aren't any of those massive coaches. It's just a more pleasant location to begin/end your walks through the mountains.

Being located just outside of Wentworth Falls is another great plus. The town itself is small, but has all the shops you need for a short stay (coffee shop, small supermarket, bakery, newsagent, real estate office etc etc). Very quaint.

A short 5-min drive up the hill and you hit Leura, a picture perfect country town, about three or four time the size of Wentworth Falls, and full of everything you want and more - markets, a big Woolworths, some great restaurants and coffee shops, bookstore, clothing etc.

That said, Leura is a little more touristy.

Further up the highway is Katoomba, which is really only worth a visit if you want to know what mountain life was like in the 70s and you enjoy walking among backpackers and half-baked buskers. It's as if Katoomba stopped caring a long time ago, and now it just rests on its name and its proximity to the mountains. Personally, I'm glad I've seen the place just so I know not to go again.

Put it this way, we visited Katoomba the first time we stayed. We avoided it like the plague the second.

Now, the accommodation itself.

The driveway up to the Retreat is secluded and private, leading you into a spacious and rather modern looking resort/Melrose Place village. I'm not sure how many two-storey townhouses make up the place, but 18 rings a bell for some reason.

It's certainly not what I expected to see when I first pulled up, as it all felt a bit modern and a touch suburban. But the longer I was there, the more at home I felt. It's not rustic or Olde Worlde or Cabin-like or anything like that - it's a modern set of apartments surrounded by tall trees and the sounds of nature.

If you want authentic forest/mountain accommodation, I'd look elsewhere. But as far as I'm concerned, I like my holidays relaxing and comfortable and a little bit pampered. I go on holiday to escape, not to suffer or struggle.

So, a well appointed two-bedroom two-story apartment, both bedrooms with King Beds and flat screens, two large bathrooms (both with two person spa baths), a great lounge/sitting area, two fully equipped kitchens and two out of this world gas heaters (with those little fake logs and real flames), not to mention the two upstairs balcony/sitting areas and a large private outdoor sitting area is exactly what I'm after.

Sure, the rates are a little on the steep side, but nothing up here is cheap, especially if you want something nice and away from the backpacking/turist mob.

The staff also deserve a mention. From the moment they greet you at reception, you feel like they're genuinely happy for you to be there. Nothing is too much trouble and you're made to feel more than welcome. It's all very relaxed and genuine service, and something that makes a big difference to any break.

I'd have no hesitation in staying here again. In fact, we've stopped looking for other places to stay in the Blue Mountains. This is it.

Room Tip: We've stayed in Apt #9 on both occasions (we requested the second time around). It's the furthest away from the reception/entrance area, and possibly the quietest of the lot. However, it faces away from the forest/mountains, so you don't enjoy that aspect. Apartments on the forest/mountains side are numbers 13-18 (from memory), but they're always well frequented and popular. For my money, I'd rather forgo a view of a few trees for the peace of mind that comes from a quieter location.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Well designed modern apartments set in lovely grounds. Stayed in the basic loft apartment with spa bath & fireplace, really adds a special touch. Close to walk to the falls or quick drive to Katoomba. Loved the modern decor and feel of the apartments, highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013