“Stick to the baked goods”
Review of Mountain High Pies

Mountain High Pies
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Adelaide, Australia
“Stick to the baked goods”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

A prawn and scallop pie with lime/chilli sauce? Yeah, don't mind if I do. And that's a good example of the big range of baked goods available at Mountain High Pies. They have options that I would never have thought of. But I would stick to their baked goods. When offered vegetables with the pie, I said yes and regretted it almost instantly. (If mashed potato, mashed pumpkin and mushy peas are good for you then say yes.) Ordinarily I like all those vegetables but, though the pumpkin wasn't too bad, they lacked flavour. The coffee is ok but there is better around. Nevertheless the staff are friendly and Mountain High Pies is well located on the highway. Stop there if you feel like a snack but I suggest only buying the excellent things they bake.

• Visited June 2013

Wentworth Falls, Australia
“Best pies on the hill”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Wow you would not think a cafe can just rely on great pies but this place covers all bases. Good food, good quick service, clean facilities, parking and quick.

Visited April 2013
Kelowna, Canada
“Stop for lunch or take a pie for supper!!! Great food!!”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My second stop at this shop and again, I was blown away by the flavors and quality of the pies. Tried a different flavor this time (chunky steak) and the meat was done to perfection....tender and not stringy. Their gravy is rich with flavor. The tea was the best I have had in a restaurant as it came piping hot in an infuser teapot and stayed hot throughout our meal. By the number of tradies and locals that came in each time, I can see we aren't the only ones who love it. Will recommend this place over and over!!!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Lex R
Sydney, Australia
“my kinda pie!”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We went to Mountain View pie shop for the 3rd time just to make sure the food was really as good as it was on times 1 and 2 lol.
If only we lived closer .. pies from here would be on the menu frequently .
I had my usual steak and kidney pie with oh so creamy mashed potatoes and the best gravy ever.
Had a pot of tea and I got 3 1/2 cups of perfect, HOT tea from this little pot !
Then . to top it all off , I had the best hot custard tart i've ever tasted .. unbelievable !
I am not one to be generous with my reviews but this place deserved every accolade I can think of .
Cant wait for my next visit.

• Visited May 2013
Katoomba, Australia
“Yum”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great selection of pies. Great service. Nice place to stop for a snack or main meal. Enjoy the cool air of the mountains. But you can sit inside where it is nice and cosy and eat some truly yummy pies and drink great coffee.

Visited June 2012