Overall, this was a disappointing weekend away as the advertising is misleading. This is not a four star hotel, it is a hostel or a two star hotel at most.
The rooms are functional but not of a high standard and in need of renovations. The walls between the rooms are paper thin (i.e. conversations, yawning and coughing) and the included breakfast was very poor.
This accommodation is run by a young family, which lacks experience in the hotel industry. The photos are misleading and certainly do not portray the hostel-style rooms, dining facilities and games room. The "retreat" is dated and not homely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A small family owned and run Eco guesthouse and bush retreat. Set on 32 acres of virgin bushland in the heart of the Blue Mountains with a friendly relaxed atmosphere and an ever evolving, eco driven, organically farmed community living experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Hideaway Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hideaway Retreat Centre Hotel Wentworth Falls
- The Hideaway Retreat Blue Mountains/Wentworth Falls