“A delightful stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wentworth Falls
Lakeside Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We had a delightful stay at Lakeside Lodge from Tuesday, March 19 till Wednesday, March 20. The location by the lake was excellent and the accommodation very clean and comfortable. The owners' hospitality was also a feature. We were given excellent advice about walks around the lake and great advice about local restaurants. The restaurant we chose for dinner was right up to expectations. We carefully read the website information before booking and knew exactly what to expect - e.g. the difference between the two suites available at the lodge. The continental breakfast was perfectly adequate for our needs. We totally disagree with the negative comments written by some others. Thanks you to our hosts for a delightful stay.

Room Tip: The Reflections suite has a spa and a continental breakfast. The Lake Suite has a full breakfast pro...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Arthur C

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Where do I start... :/ For starters the Website states you have the "OPTION" of using the main living rooms larger t.v which is not the case- the area is locked & is the owners private lounge room. When I was booking I asked for the spa "self contained suite" but the lake suite was available only- which is fine but the owner did not make it clear that the lake suite was only a room part of her house! My partner & I were not advised we had no access to a kitchen or a bbq area, we were not impressed as we had prepared marinated meats etc to make a romantic valentines meal together. I told the owner that we want to reduce our stay from two nights to one as the room was not as we were lead to believe- the owner became abrupt & irate & refused to change our booking which was extremely awkward & uncomfortable! The disappointment does not stop there, also when I enquired wks in advance about the accommodation I asked about fishing gear & cyacking & the owner said she will organise it- she never mentioned a single word about these activities throughout our stay. The breakfast was burnt, bacon was like crackling, no aircon, no fly screen in window behind bed, no iron/ironing board, the biscuits were stale & it felt like we had to whisper due to the layout of the house (lakeside suite) NOT a romantic getaway!! Not value for money & customer service was poor.
THE PLACE LEFT NOTHING TO DESIRE EXCEPT THE LAKESIDE VIEW!

Room Tip: I'm not sure what the other room was like but would not recommend the lake suite AT ALL!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Chernell M
LakesideBandB, Owner at Lakeside Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

We were astounded to hear that your stay with us was not what you expected.
You were expecting a cabin.
Nowhere do we advertise cabins because we do not have nor have we ever had cabins.
This is the REAL root of your complaint.
Upon arrival at Lakeside and after viewing your suite you then offered to pay for the second night.
There is ample separation between the suites also to mention there is a double stone wall separating the Lake Suite from other areas plus all suites have solid core doors with sound proofing around the door frames.
Bed and breakfast accommodation does not normally offer guests cooking facilities from the B and B kitchen.
I offered to cook the meal for you, which was ignored.
Kayaks, fishing gear and barbecue are always available and only have to be asked for.
At no stage were any of these items requested. .
At no stage did you ask to use the lounge area.
There are two large fly screen attached to the windows which are at close proximity to the bed
We do not have air conditioning as this house is built largely of stone and remains cool in the summer at the time of your stay.
We were not asked for a fan.
On your departure you complemented me on the breakfasts and said you enjoyed your stay "after all."
We find your change of attitude in these circumstances incomprehensible.
The conclusion I have now come to by your recent e-mail is you would like a full refund and consequently getting two nights free accommodation.

Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in the Lakeside B&B from 17th-19th December. The location is really good for seeing the various sights of the Blue Mountains and the view over the lake from our room was fantastic. The bed was so comfortable and felt like home. The best bit was the breakfast that Russell made for us. I can't begin to describe how good it was, museli, yoghurt, fresh orange juice, and home baked bread. I'm really not exaggerating when I say that the breakfast was the very best! Russell, the owner, is an absolute gentleman and took time to give us advice about places to see.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Nice couple, some confusion – go with the spa suite only

This was a gracious couple that tried to do a good job. However….
There was confusion when we arrived. They were not expecting us and thought it was the following day. They also had us booked for the smaller room, even though I had the email stating we wanted the spa suite.

The lake suite is really small if you have any luggage. I would have been much happier if I’d stuck to my plans and gotten with the bigger room and a tub to relax in.

We froze the first night, it was like they forgot to turn the heat on, but rectified it by the second night.

Breakfast was plentiful with lots of selection and at the time we requested.

Room Tip: Go with the spa suite
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We recently stayed at Lakeside and glad we did!

It's situated in a beautiful part of the Blue Mountains, and well placed for some nice walks (which is why we were visiting). We didn't realise the water would be so close!

The house is right on the lake and the suite we stayed in was clean, tidy with a beautiful view right to the water. Breakfast was huge with bacon eggs, and fruit salad and more. More than enough to get us through till the afternoon after a walk.

The hosts were very nice and were able to tell us about recommendations on walks, restaurants and local things to do.

We will hopefully be back sometime in the future, and would like to stay in the spa suite next time (was unfortunately booked out the weekend we stayed).

thanks again

Greg & Sue

Room Tip: The lake room has a great view of the lake and a double shower.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I was a bit concerned about staying there ,after reading a previous reveiw.We wanted to stay close to the Lake, as we like the various walks around the lake.The room was clean and the service was great.Lovely breakfast while enjoying great veiws from our Room . We found the owner very helpfull, re local sights of interest.It was a extremly cold on the sunday , but our room was nice and warm.Will certanly be revisitting this lovely spot.

Judith Cole Sydney

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Judith C
Reviewed March 6, 2012

I must admit to shock at reading Claudia's review. Both friends and myself have stayed at Lakeside Bed and Breakfast in Wentworth Falls on many occasions and have experienced the opposite to this critique. I have stayed in both the Spa and the Lake Suites and feel I must explain the difference. Fully cooked (or Continental breakfast - IF YOU CHOOSE) is provided with the Lake Suite. The Spa Suite is self-contained but despite this cereals, fresh milk, orange juice, homemade bread (baked daily), freshly prepared fruit salad (cut each morning), yoghurt, croissants if requested and condiments are provided each day as inclusions. The servings are generous but if, for some reason, you require extra it is readily available.
The rooms are cleaned each day (as in hotels), fresh towels are provided and beds made.
In our experience heating has never been a problem and as we all have very different comfort zones pleasing each individual guest immediately is virtually impossible. This is simply solved by speaking with the operator.
We have always had a very positive, comfortable and enjoyable experience at Lakeside.
l
Julie Coeman

Room Tip: My favourite room is the Lake. I just love the view from the window and like to sit at the table wi...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends