“Good food & service”

Blue Mist Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Visit here about once a month on average. It can be hard to get a table sometimes owing to its popularity. Service is good, staff are always friendly and reasonably quick. Food generally of a very high standard although it varies and has a good selection of vegetarian meals. Some of the best french fries and pancakes around. We don't normally eat dessert here so I can't comment on their cakes and such things. Some interesting local art for sale here too. All in all I would recommend trying this restaurant to anyone.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

The owner/ manager of this cafe is one of the rudest men I have ever met. I go in here quite often as I live nearby. He is rude and downright nasty to his young members of staff and I have heard horror stories from previous staff.

A few weeks ago I went in for coffee and lunch with a friend and as I started ordering our coffees he arbutus interrupted saying 'no, we are doing lunch now not coffee' and picked up our menus and left. We didn't have a chance to order food so we wet elsewhere for lunch.

The food is really good value with large portions, its all fresh and delicious most of the time. Coffee is pretty good, nothing to write home about.

The owner is just a rude and downright scary man and I feel sorry for his staff (who all seem to quiver in his presence- I have tried to have casual conversations with them before and they look nervous and look around to see where he is and then find an excuse to dine elsewhere).

Go here for the great food but avoid the owner!!

1  Thank WhatKatieAte
Reviewed December 28, 2012

we went to blue mist hoping to enjoy an experience like others who have posted positive comments on this forum, unfortunately however ours was most unpleasant. We called ahead as we were a large group and were told to call back 15 minutes before our arrival to confirm our booking. We did as requested and called several times but got no answer. When we arrived we were told they were full and our group could not be accommodated. We explained that we had tried to call a number of times to which the owner said it must be the wrong number! We wouldn't have been too bothered if he'd been pleasant and tried in some way to accommodate us but instead there was no effort and he was so unbelievably rude - we explained we were quite disappointed and wouldn't be back to which he replied "good"! We were stunned, but amazingly his attitude got worse, we walked out when he actually started getting aggressive. So sad and in such a contrast to the experience we were hoping for in this sleepy little town. I hope it was a bad day and others have a better experience, although if warm hospitality and good manners are important then choose another cafe for lunch. We certainly won't be back.

3  Thank greta n
Reviewed December 21, 2012

We went here while on holiday on the recommendation of friends who live in Sydney - and it was well worth the journey! We only popped in for a quick lunch and would have been happy with something basic but what we got was so much better than that. Amazing Greek Lamb Salad (perfectly pink and herby) with garlicky flatbreads and yoghurt and perfectly cooked Baramundi with pan-fried potatoes, washed down with smoothies and juices (the beetroot and carrot was a particular winner). What was going to be a quick lunch turned into something far more leisurely and relaxing as we sat outside in the sunshine. The portions were massive yet everything was so well cooked and fresh it was all wonderfully light. 10/10 - will definitely return here if I am ever back in Australia.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

This is one of the best breakfasts you'll get. Lots of everything, thick cafe toast, cheerful service and a great atmosphere. We try to make excuses to get to Wenty so we can come here.