“One of my favourites”

Blue Mist Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We visited for breakfast. I have been going there for a few years now and the food is always lovely, freshly cooked and promptly served. I had the "light" breakfast which was very hearty and the bread is always lovely. I wonder where they source it from? Their fresh juices are just great and I find that the Blue Mist is always run in a very professional manner.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

We have been going to Blue Mist on and off over the last several years. Try as I might, as a local I always leave feeling somewhat less than happy with the experience. This varies from whether Alan one of the Owners is in a good mood or the standard of service.
We went there the other Friday night and the standard of food had really dropped - the chicken breast was overcooked, the aspagarus were well done and mushy, given it is the start of the Australian season this should not have occurred.
The real gripe of the evening was paying the bill. We had been there a few weeks earlier and noted they now accept credit cards. What is not apparent since it is not on the menu is that not only is there a 1.6% surcharge for M/C or Visa but you also pay a 40 cent transaction fee for the privilege of using EFTPOS. When queried the response was "yes all these fees are added".
This is really the last straw for me with Blue Mist - it is time to say good bye and take my business elsewhere.

2  Thank Sallymay4
Reviewed September 16, 2012

This little, unpretentious cafe is a hidden gem in the Mountains. Very conveniently located in Wentworth falls shopping centre, opposie the train staion, the staff are friendly, obliging and attentive.
The informality appeals, as does the freshly prepared offerings, ranging from full. satisfying lunches to huge and tasty sandwiches etc to delicious choices for morning/afternoon teas.

Prices are extremely reasonable, coffee is great. We have visited This great spot on a number of occasions and never been disappointed. Also very pleasant if you venture upstairs with open fire and extensive library.

Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

We came early morning for coffee and again for a a late lunch on a Saturday. The menu is lovely and most of the ingredients are well prepared and good quality. The coffee and fresh juices are good. The staff were very off putting. The waitress didn't make eye contact when I ordered morning coffees. The male manager was much much worse! He was bad mouthing his staff in front of the whole restaurant saying he didn't choose well and that they're lazy. He also got angry when some customers wanted takeaway and responded with irritation. They absolutely don't do takeaway apparently!! When these customers left, the door was left ajar. The owner walked towards them, called them lazy and then slammed the door shut. Oups! I'd better not ask for a doggy bag eh? Not that I'd need to. The food is really quite good so my compliments to the chefs.

2  Thank WilsonLL
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Had a great meal at this delightful cafe. The pork was tasty and delicious with a variety of vegetables.The quantity was more than adequate and we shared a beautiful berry dessert that just capped off our evening meal