“Good stopover when traveling between Sydney and the Gold Coast”
Review of Walcha Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Walcha
Walcha Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Walcha
Sydney, Australia
“Good stopover when traveling between Sydney and the Gold Coast”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Quite location, older style, clean and comfortable. Stayed there in April 2014 when returning to Sydney from Queensland. Would stay there again, Walcha is a good place to break the trip between Sydney and SE QLD.

• Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Adelaide, South Australia
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I stayed at the Walcha Motel a number of times at the start of 2014. It is the only motel in town, therefore there is not much to compare it to if needing to stay in Walcha.
I stayed in various rooms depending on availability. Some rooms are quite small, but the deluxe rooms are quite spacious. I recommend one of these for a longer stay. For one week I had a room with bunks in it and that was just too tight when spending time in the room in the evening.
I ate (almost) every choice from the restraunt and the food is good and the servings are quite large.
The owners and staff are all very friendly and nothing is too much trouble.
Their selection on the Satellite TV leans towards sport and they have Speed Channel (a favorite of mine) so was happy with that. They also have most FTA channels, but there was no SBS in any room I stayed.
To conclude - It is clean and pleasant for a one motel town.
Final Comment - one morning in an eastern room I opened the curtain and a kangaroo was hopping down the road and stopped outside my window long enough for me to grab my camera and take a photo. (attached)

Room Tip: The 3 Deluxe rooms are best, but you need to book early to get one.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Beerburrum
Reviewed February 28, 2014

This is the third time I have stayed at the Walcha Motel and found the service to be fine and as I would have hoped. It is in just the right spot between my home and Sydney and for a drive over the very picturesque.Thunderbolt's Way.

Room Tip: I choose the twin rooms. Economical and quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Port Macquarie, Australia
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I stayed overnight at the walcha Motel
the rooms were clean and comfortable and beds also comfortable

The Owner/Managers very friendly and Helpfull

I didnt dine at the resturant but the Breakfast delivered to my door right on time and was very nice :)

The Town of Walcha is lovely and I will be back

I know where I will be staying :)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Penrith, Australia
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I stopped after a long motorbike ride to rest and settlle down for the following days ride. Found the room more than adequate. Everything one needs for an overnight stay is there. Shops and pubs are basically just outside. They do have a restaurant but I was on my own and settled for some fish and chips which was about a 3 minute walk away.And best of all it was quiet.
Good afternoon rest, great nights sleep. All good.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Stephen B
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We stopped overnight while traveling and really only used it for a place to sleep. The room was clean and the bed was good. The bathroom is small but that didn't worry us.Would stay again if we needed to pass that way.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Room was a little bit small, but clean and tidy with a good flat screen TV, plenty of room to park near the door. If you are looking for somewhere cheap and comfortable for an overnight stay it fits the bill, if you are looking for something more luxurious, or for longer term, maybe not.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 3 which adjoins room 4 via a very thin door, could hear everything in the other ro...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Peter E

Been to Walcha Motel? Share your experiences!