“Great spot”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Walcha
Walcha Caravan Park
Muswellbrook, Australia
“Great spot”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

We had a funeral to attend in Walcha, so decided we better get in quick to find accomodation. I rang 4 days before the funeral and luckily they had one cabin left (number 7). We were told it was small, with a double bed, 2 bunks and a heater. There was no ensuite but the amenities were located right next door. We arrived late afternoon and greeted by a very friendly lady who seemed very helpful. The room was indeed very small. We had 2 adults and 2 teens staying in there and if we were to stay longer than 1 night, I would have found myself very confined. The bunks had vinyl mattresses which weren't very comfortable at all, but the double bed was fine. There was a small tv, a heater, table and chairs and a small kitchenette in the cabin. The amenities are honestly the BEST I have ever seen! Very modern and extremely clean. I could not find a speck of dust anywhere. Well done to the cleaners!! I would come back to the park again, but hopefully we will get a bigger cabin next time.

Room Tip: Cabin 7 is very small. Didnt see inside other cabins, but i'd suggest a different one
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank cindy r

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed May 11, 2014

After spending 2 enjoyable weeks at the Tamworth Country Music Festival in 38-40 degree heat, we hitched our van and climbed our way up on to the New England Tablelands, to stay at the Walcha Caravan Park. Well what an oasis, 8 degrees cooler and beautiful clean air. The Caravan Park was all that was promised. We had a choice of sites and set up with a great view over the parkland garden. The amenities are 2nd. to none, modern, spotlessly clean, sliding glass doors in the shower cubicles, piped music and always an impressive vase of flowers in the ladies, from Neil's garden. The camp kitchen had the lot, including a log burning heater (wood supplied). It is a very tranquil park with lots of birdlife. We came for a week and stayed 3 months. We could easily call Walcha home. Neil and Glenys definitely deserve 4 stars for the park and their hospitality. We thank them very much for making us so welcome. The whole town of Walcha is very friendly and we will certainly return when travelling that part of NSW.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rick S
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed May 9, 2014

This caravan park is set in a lovely region. The facilities are immaculately clean, smell nice and the ameneties even have piped music. The owners are very helpful and really care about their business. Rates are reasonable. For those folk who use a camp kitchen you would have to say that Walcha Caravan Parks camp kitchen is 5 star rating. The cabins also are beautifully presented.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vivienne B
Geelong, Australia
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Do you ever dream of just pulling into a caravan park at the end of the day and someone the owner just smiles loves you into their proud park says just pick a bay come see me when you settle.... Oh what am I dreaming...no. The amenities and camp kitchen are straight out of dream world..... Neil the owner you are a gem. Came for 1 night stayed 3. Thank you. Simple amazing caravan park. If I could rate it 6 stars I would.

Room Tip: Book in ask Neil for a town map and just walk.... Wow what a town, what a park.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MyHoliday8
Forster, Australia
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I had just driven from Forster NSW on a Saturday afternoon, and after experiencing 3 screaming kids, lots of up chucking and being as tired as I was, all I was looking for was a quick and easy place to rest up for the night before continuing our journey. I first stopped at the local pub and asked for a room as they are on the main road so it was all I saw at first. The lady was very nice and politely let me know they didn't have children there but I should try around at the caravan park. So I did.
I was over the moon when Neil told me he had a cabin available. I didn't see the $78 very expensive for a last minute booking. We were in cabin 9 just next to the front gate and across from the washing machines. I got the kids inside, put the telly on and ordered pizza at the last minute. Shame they didn't deliver. For a country caravan park it was perfect. The only negative was the dryer which took $4 off me with no drying haha but all good. The rooms might need a but of an update. Just a paint job but its only supposed to be basic. I would have liked to stay a little longer to explore but we had to get going the next morning.

Thankyou to Neil and his wife for the hospitality. When we go on our mini road trip again you will be on the list!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We turned up at the caravan park after a dreadful stay at one of the pubs/motels in Walcha which was extremely dirty and dated! I was so happy and relieved when Neil, the owner, confirmed that he had a couple of vans available. After looking at a few vans, we chose Van No. 3 which was the perfect size for my husband and I.

The vans are spotlessly clean and have everything that you need to self cater. It was so peaceful and the grounds are kept to such high standards. Everything was spotlessly clean from the shower and toilet block, the laundry room to the communal kitchen for the touring caravan guests to use.

We cannot recommend this caravan park enough and would definitely stay here again if we return to Walcha.

Room Tip: All vans are spotlessly clean and have everything you need to enjoy your stay, they vary in size and...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Berrybully
Loganholme, Australia
Reviewed February 1, 2014

we travelled from Brisbane to visit our friends which took six and a half hours. the owners were very accommodating, the cabins were spotlessly clean and amenities excellent.The grounds are very well maintained the best caravan park we have stayed at. would recommend to everyone.

Room Tip: All accommodation was in a good area. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Heather L

Been to Walcha Caravan Park? Share your experiences!