“Exactly what I needed!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Walcha
Walcha Caravan Park
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I had just driven from Forster NSW on a Saturday afternoon, and after experiencing 3 screaming kids, lots of up chucking and being as tired as I was, all I was looking for was a quick and easy place to rest up for the night before continuing our journey. I first stopped at the local pub and asked for a room as they are on the main road so it was all I saw at first. The lady was very nice and politely let me know they didn't have children there but I should try around at the caravan park. So I did.
I was over the moon when Neil told me he had a cabin available. I didn't see the $78 very expensive for a last minute booking. We were in cabin 9 just next to the front gate and across from the washing machines. I got the kids inside, put the telly on and ordered pizza at the last minute. Shame they didn't deliver. For a country caravan park it was perfect. The only negative was the dryer which took $4 off me with no drying haha but all good. The rooms might need a but of an update. Just a paint job but its only supposed to be basic. I would have liked to stay a little longer to explore but we had to get going the next morning.

Thankyou to Neil and his wife for the hospitality. When we go on our mini road trip again you will be on the list!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed February 15, 2014

We turned up at the caravan park after a dreadful stay at one of the pubs/motels in Walcha which was extremely dirty and dated! I was so happy and relieved when Neil, the owner, confirmed that he had a couple of vans available. After looking at a few vans, we chose Van No. 3 which was the perfect size for my husband and I.

The vans are spotlessly clean and have everything that you need to self cater. It was so peaceful and the grounds are kept to such high standards. Everything was spotlessly clean from the shower and toilet block, the laundry room to the communal kitchen for the touring caravan guests to use.

We cannot recommend this caravan park enough and would definitely stay here again if we return to Walcha.

Room Tip: All vans are spotlessly clean and have everything you need to enjoy your stay, they vary in size and...
1  Thank Berrybully
Reviewed February 1, 2014

we travelled from Brisbane to visit our friends which took six and a half hours. the owners were very accommodating, the cabins were spotlessly clean and amenities excellent.The grounds are very well maintained the best caravan park we have stayed at. would recommend to everyone.

Room Tip: All accommodation was in a good area. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Heather L
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Stayed here spur of the moment - checking in quite late without a booking however this was no problem for Neil, the friendly manager. He made sure everything was sorted out for me and made me feel very welcome. The park is fantastic - clean and comfortable, thoughtfully appointed cabins and a fantastic amenities block and laundry. Unfortunately I didn't have much time in the area to have a good look around as I had to get on the road early the following day, however I look forward to coming back for a longer stay and checking out the town, cafes, shops and gardens.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank MJ P
Reviewed January 14, 2014

The pride management take shows in the result. We stayed in the couple ensuite cabin and is was just so pleasant, inside and out. No wonder its called the only 4 star park in NSW! A very hot day, pool would have been nice?

Room Tip: Our room number a secret!! but sure all cabins good.
3  Thank Margot P
Reviewed January 12, 2014

On the weekend we spent a night here, & from the warm & informative welcome when we arrived to the spotless cleanliness & comfortable little cabin there is nothing to fault. The gardens are beautifully maintained, & it was lovely to glance out the window & see hollyhocks & a rambling rose looking in at us. I would recommend it to anyone without hesitation.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We took our van to this park for a few days in January 2014. This is the friendliest & cleanest caravan park we have ever stayed in. The amenities with freshly cut flowers were just so clean, and wonderfully smelling it was beyond belief. The gardens sure beautiful with lilies me roses everywhere. This is such a special place.

2  Thank Bertalyn

Been to Walcha Caravan Park? Share your experiences!