“The best Amish food anywhere”
Review of Hartville Kitchen

Hartville Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 30 Restaurants in Hartville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Today Hartville Kitchen is part of a family-owned and operated group of businesses that includes Hartville Kitchen Salad Dressings, Hartville Collectibles Gift Shop, Hartville MarketPlace and Flea Market, Hartville Hardware and Hartville Tool. While much has changed since our parents started Hartville Kitchen more than 40 years ago, we still adhere to the same values that guided them. We still serve the same quality homemade food using recipes passed down from our grandmother, Soloma Miller. We appreciate our Mennonite heritage and strive to operate our businesses based on Christian principles. We are thankful for the many blessings God has given us and most of all, for his gift of salvation through Jesus Christ.
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Great food. Even greater desserts! Don't let the long line going in ( that always seems to be there) scare you away. The line goes fast and you'll only wait 15-20 minutes for even the longest line. The service is always very prompt and the portions are big!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

The veggies taste as though they came from a can the pot roast was very dry mashed potatoes I think were instant. Overall over priced Bob Evans or Eat and park. Not Amish food at all

1  Thank Unknown696
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Met three folks here for dinner and was expecting a small mom and pop place, not a gargantuan complex! The place is enormous, which was great! Very clean well organized and friendly staff.

Everything on the menu is simple comfort food - chicken, salads, meatloaf, veggies out of cans, etc. I opted for something simple, an angus burger, mashed potatoes, corn and peas but for that I paid over $11.00! If the veggies were fresh and not canned maybe I would be happier. The mashed potatoes were fresh and pretty good.

Overall I can see this place is set up for large crowds and I bet they get them. I can see what it is popular and given how much it cost to build the facility I see why the prices are high. However I bet there are local mom and pop places just as good with cheaper prices.

1  Thank Ron L
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Our family really enjoyed our meals. Very simple to use menus for kids and adults. Very filling meals. Great place for wedding receptions. Loved the candy store also!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Food is tasty, portions large. Prices are a bit high. It is a place to go for a special occasion, not an every day meal.