“Good overnighter”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Tenterfield
Buderim, Australia
“Good overnighter”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

I read a few reveiws and took the punt and picked the Golfers Inn. It looks a bit tired from the road and my suite was in the old section { a old house divided into 3 } opposite the office. The room/ suite was clean and the shower hot and the bed comfortable so i was happy. Paid the extra $ 10.00 for brekkie and it was worth every cent of it -- as the owner had told me when I checked in " it's nothing flash just a good meal". I would stay there again and am happy to recommend it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Springwood, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Welcomng and friendly. The room was better than expected and the host insisted on an inspection before we decided. The price was very reasonable, the bed great and the bathroom ultra modern. You may expect traffic noise but we didn't hear a thing. The room was spacious and clean as a whistle.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here with my husband on the drive down to Newcastle from Brisbane. Great location just off the highway - little hard to find in the dark but the staff gave great directions. Clean and comfy with a great bed and very modern bathroom.

Definitely recommend for other travellers.

• Stayed February 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

I read the 1st couple of reviews and drove up to see for myself, from the street it didnt look that inviting and so I was parked on the street in front of the hotel checking out the alternatives on my phone when Peter walked up and asked "was I looking for accommodation?.."
I felt bad that he was "spruiking" his place on the street and I said that I needed a quiet room, so he said "no worries, you can have one of the new ones down the back, you wont hear any trucks", so I drove in and was shown around and was made very welcome and now I understand the reviews, it really is a "hidden gem", my room is huge and the bathroom is fantastic

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank CameronGraham
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Based on other Tripadvisors' reviews my son and I had a night here whilst breaking the long drive home to Sydney. For $85 we got friendly service, advice on places to eat and a large, clean room with a queen and single. Ignore outward appearances - this is a good place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Andrew B
Gold Coast, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

This is the 3rd time my 2 young sons & I have stayed here and it has become our home away from home whenever I visit family on Tenterfield.

We only stay in the new 2 bedroom apartments (22-26) which are just amazing - 2 large bedrooms, wooden floor boards, clean, spacious, well appointed and very quiet (a rarity on the NE Highway). Peter, an amazing host, now offers filtered water in the rooms and there is a free coffee machine in the restaurant.

This place offers so much more than any other hotel/motel that I have stayed in on the NE Highway...so much so that I am now refusing to stop over in Tamworth to break up our trip as I would prefer to spend my hard earned money at The Golfers Inn. It is much better value with accommodation that can't be matched.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank EKDP0707
Canberra - Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

We chose the Golfer's Inn after reading reviews on Tripavisor and we weren't disappointed. The room (15) was large with a queen and a single bed and a huge wheelchair access bathroom. It was just what we needed after a ten hour drive. The room cost $85 per night which seems very reasonable this quality of accommodation. A large container of filtered water was provided in the room for our use.

The manager recommended the Tenterfield Golf Club for dinner. It served good quality "pub food".

I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone needing a good nights sleep while driving the New England Highway.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple