“Cosy Little Getaway”
other traveler has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Average
Kitchen
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

rachjg201...
North Sydney, Australia
“Cosy Little Getaway”
Reviewed June 3, 2018 for a stay in May 2018

Had the most wonderful stay at this stunning property. Jenny (the host) was very accommodating when I had accidentally booked the wrong dates. She allowed me to change the dates and was very friendly over the phone, and even rang the night before as a little reminder that I had booked with her for the next day. It's these personal touches that just made the whole experience wonderful. The property itself is beautiful, with a freshly renovated bathroom and all the creature comforts including milk and coffee. Will definitely be recommending to friends who want a quick little getaway from the city. Thanks Jenny!

Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Jun 4, 2018
Thank you ! Was a pleasure having you and your family. Glad it all worked out in the end. Looking forward to seeing you again in the near future.
PrincessY...
Hong Kong, China
“Terrible booking experience (maybe they are trying to scam Chinese tourists)”
Reviewed May 27, 2018 for a stay in May 2018
person found this review helpful

Having read all the good comments on Laurel House, I decided to book it.

I had booked Laurel House via Booking.com at AUD264. Got an email the next day from the booking website informing us the owner wanted a total of AUD515 instead (which was AUD191 more). I emailed the owner, Jenny, and asked if she knew about it, she replied the extra amount she asked for was only AUD50, and that it's the website's error. However, the booking website had the telephone attendance note with Jenny and recorded that Jenny was the person who asked for the extra AUD191. Of course, I wouldn't accept to pay an extra of AUD191 as it's not the agreed price. I'm not sure if Jenny kind of guess I'm a Chinese tourist and thought she could scam me more money. Even though in the last minute she told the booking website staff she would like to honour this booking and we could stay there without any extra charge, I insisted to cancel this booking as I had to protect myself from staying there - in case she made up stories that I broke her furniture, etc, during the stay, and asked me for further money. Sadly, Jenny (the greedy person) insisted to charge my 50% deposit even though it's all her fault to create this mess.

As a very frequent traveller, the website decided to pay me back the deposit out from their company's account, which I really appreciated it. Even the staff said he could totally understand the reason why I would insist not to stay there anymore, etc.

This incident shows that the owner is a greedy/nasty person. We travel to Australia from time to time, the very last time only in October to Tasmania/Melbourne, and we had very good experience with all the B&Bs. This incident really disappoints us very much. And I would never recommend this place to anyone. Instead, I need to tell people I know and my relatives/friends who stay in Australia to avoid staying here at all.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
May 28, 2018
This is not at all true! Very defamatory information. Booking. Com admitted they charged wrong and could not understand what went wrong . I am not in the habit of scamming people. I offered to accept the booking at the original price as to make client happy. The refused. Then wanted their full refund . I look after all my guests and go out to make them all feel welcome. Please get your facts right before putting such defamatory information on this site
Morgan W
“The perfect weekend getaway”
Reviewed March 8, 2017 for a stay in March 2017

If you are looking for a weekend treat in the mountains or a base camp as you explore the mountains then this place is for you. Nesseled in a quiet back street but still close to shops and attractions this appartment was great for my girlfriend and i and it could also have another couple stay if you planned a weekend away with friends.

The appartment is full of character and it is well furnished with tv and internet connections. The kitchen is excellent and works well with all appliances being in good condition.

Jenny is a lovely host and is happy to inform people about the local area. I would happily stay here again.

Mar 9, 2017
Thank you Morgan! I loved having you here as my very first guests. You both were a lovely respectful couple. Thank you so much for leaving the place immaculate and even washing your sheets! The best guests !
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing